Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khajit!
05-24-2006, 07:39 PM,
Khajit!
So, I can finally use and record my khajit voice. I even learned how to roll my 'r's, which is crazy and hard to do.

So I'm ready for lines!

(Keep in mind I don't have Oblivion yet. I should be able to get it in a month or so...)
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
05-24-2006, 08:00 PM,

please give me the classical "Khajit has no time for you" line Big Grin
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
05-24-2006, 08:13 PM,

Record this:
"Trade? J'Dhannar has no trade. J'Dhannar has the sugar? What does J'Dhannar need with trade? Just go away and leave J'Dhannar alone."
J'Dhannar has the sugar!
05-25-2006, 05:53 PM,

Comin' right up.

Keep in mind that achieving the correct amount of scratchiness for the voice takes at least five minutes of ridiculous screaming and yelling.
05-25-2006, 06:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Comin' right up.

Keep in mind that achieving the correct amount of scratchiness for the voice takes at least five minutes of ridiculous screaming and yelling.

Amen!

Good luck on the Khajit voice. My Khajit is either perfect, or a deformed mentally ill Dark Elf voice. My guess is the latter Smile
Hey mom, can I have some money? The ice cream man is coming!!

Wu
05-25-2006, 07:58 PM,

In my defense, this microphone is gheeeetttooooo.
05-25-2006, 09:55 PM,

That was good, and I guess your mic is a bit ghetto.

I'd offer criticizm/advice but...it's a bit hard to in this case.

Okay, here I got it. Get a glass of water, you're throat is going to hurt after some more lines Smile

Wu
05-25-2006, 10:11 PM,

If you think a Khajiit voice is hard, just try to do a Dunmer voice... you can never get it just right. It's always too high pitched, too whipser-like, too demon-like, really scratchy rather than raspy, or not raspy enough.

I desperately need to find out the Dunmer voice actor's secret is. :dunce:
05-28-2006, 04:17 PM,

More than likely a machine adjusts it. But nowadays Dark Elfs speak more Imperial like because their lands got owned. There is probably still some left whom speak like that, but it's not likely in Oblivion.

You know, my Khajit voice does sound more like a Dark Elf than a Khajit. Although it does sound evil and is badly/hastily done. Smile

How do you do your voice?

Wu
05-28-2006, 10:58 PM,

Sounds to me like the line has a slight robotic feel to it. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]