Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khenarthi's Marker/ Griffin statue
11-15-2006, 07:30 AM,
Khenarthi's Marker/ Griffin statue
Here is a drawing of Khenarthi's Marker. The statue has a lions head intead of an eagle because thats what popped into my head. Sorry about my scanner butchering the original with all the graininess (can someone point me to a tutorial on how to solve this please?) Anyhow I tried to make it look like it had seen better days, which is why it's broken in places.

Updated Attachment - Krisi-_

Ja-Kha'jay has attached this image (reduced version):
[Image: tn_attachment-6116.jpg]
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM,
RE: Khenarthi's Marker/ Griffin statue
:proud:

just a thought - does stuff that a goddess makes erode?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
11-15-2006, 07:19 PM,

I would assume so, unless its given some sort of divine protection for thousands of years

11-15-2006, 08:00 PM,

hmmm ... Kenarthi = wind. No rain?

Tough one - this is from the very begginings? so if it is not protected is it eroded smooth and almost unrecognisable?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

11-15-2006, 08:39 PM,

Hmm, she can protect from wind erosion, and it doesn't rain much in the desert. Won't stop vandals though.

11-16-2006, 12:20 AM,

:eek: getem, them vndelz ...

hmmm .... where d'you thinky it is, on a hill, or in a hollow?

would you unlock the assembly thread and move a copy of your drawing in there where it says cut to statue at the end? And relock the thread?
Steven Erikson.

11-16-2006, 11:20 PM,

I couldn't unlock and relock the thread, cos I got an access denied type message when i clicked on "closed" (Meh, I'm new to this, and don't know how to do things) So I settled for editing it, but the pic got there in the end.

As for the statue, I picture it being on a hill, or rocky outcrop to begin with, but that doesn't mean sand can't pile up around it. Perhaps before the player is given the mission only the head could be shown above the sand. We might be able to script a lowering of the terrain, as if "someone has scaped the sand away". As for the trailer image, definately on a hill easily visible.

11-17-2006, 12:16 PM,

Cool Ja-Kha'jay discovers the joy of the administrative options! now you know the true power of the editor - I try not to use them no matter how X( I am with things, except on my own work or for technical reasons Confusedhrug:

That brings up a possible = depressions or sinking sand where there are buried or partially buried objects?
Steven Erikson.

04-05-2007, 08:12 PM,

Kenarthi wants it to be found... wind beats sand does it not?
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
04-18-2007, 11:23 PM,

that is true Krisi - at the same time Khenarthi does not want it to be found by the wrong people / sister ... a conundrum
Steven Erikson.