Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kilgorin sword and its owner
02-15-2008, 02:09 PM,

What do you guys think about the stats I picked for the sword?

[Image: th_Kilgorin_CS_Stats.jpg]

It's meant to be very powerful, but not über. Both the combat and economy systems are different between Morrowind and Oblivion, so the old mod doesn't give much to go by (not that the information they entered back then was necessarily ideal). Suggestions of value tweaks are very welcome Smile

Currently the sword uses the same sheath/scabbard as Oblivion's Daedric Longsword, and it's much much smaller than the sword is. So I'd like to make a new sheath model, but before I vest that time I'd like to know what chance there is of the sword's location being modded within a certain time. What do you think sandor, is Valderon's home/office something you plan to do in the future or do you plan to make it a claim?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM,

...Sorry to interrupt...please direct your responses to the present subject as well as this post is a digression..

@ Phitt & the team - I've seen a lot of what Phitt has been doing and so much of it is truly awesome work. I don't know if he's willing to donate, lend or offer anything but his Dwemer creations would be of immense benefit to Dumac City.

Likewise, I recently noticed his fully operational cannons on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMdbCvJPhyk&NR=1 which I thought would be perfect for Rodan's pirate-based 'Blacklight' project.

Are you still around, Phitt? I think it would be great to have Phitt here more often and less as a journeyman, don't you? Especially with animation skills.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-04-2008, 03:16 PM,

The post I'm about to make is negative so if you get offended easily don't read it. Its also probably the only negative post I've ever made on this forum in the many years I've been here so I hope that means I'm entitled Wink

But personally I hate this sword and always have! It screams uber fantasy sword! Its a really famous sword online and as soon as I see it in game its going to rip me right out of the gameworld and drop me into the world of over the top fantasy sword webpages. Everybody knows this sword as something that has nothing to do with TES Lore. You guys all seem to be so careful about creating this mod in step with lore and to make this sword such an important weapon in the game has never made any sense to me! I mean having it as an easter egg or something is one thing but you guys even have it in the Silgrad Title graphics! (I still cringe every time I see your title page).

I mean its an exact replica of the sword too! Swords are one of the easiest things to model (so I've been told) You could make a sword that looks similar by taking the hilt off the deadric longsword (TES3 style) and the blade of the elven longsword. Both these swords have been modled and it wouldn't be that hard to chop them up and attach them together. And you could even create more lore behind how an elven and deadric weapon were forged.

I mean why stop with that sword? Why not add Aragorns sword from lord of the rings too? Because even though its a cool sword it would look totally out of place in a TES lore mod ..thats why!

Anyway I didn't say anything about this for TES3 but I was really hoping it wouldn't make a reapearance in TES4 but as soon as I saw this thread I felt I should express my opinion. This sword is really the only thing I would change about this mod. Other then this sword I think this mod is amazing.
06-04-2008, 09:04 PM,

Ok, i'm replying to Ibsen's Ghost here, and i know it's more digression, but bare with me

We over at Dumac seem to have pre-empted you Ibsen, because we are already using Phitt's models (with full permission of course!). They are awesome, and he is amazing. :yes:

So don't worry, cooperation is already occurring, and i sincerely hope ST and Phitt will be able to collaborate more in the future, whenever we have mutual needs.

black[/HR]

and i'll just let everybody else continue with what they were previously doing, just wanted to clear that matter up Big Grin
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!