Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirin
12-07-2006, 07:18 PM,
Kirin
Well since Corthian is having success with rigging things, maybe he is up to this-

Here is what are few people on the official forums have done. They import a certain creature skeleton, import the body then import the skeleton again. This helps it retain all the skinning data. As long as you don't do too drastic of a change to the beast, it will keep it's data. Of course I tried this and failed, but I know it can work because thats how the spiders were made.

A good candidate for this would be to take the unicorn and mess with his head a little to make a more Kirin type creature. Give it a new texture and and some flame magic effects and we got ourselves a nice looking mount.

Yes/no?
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM,

YES!!!

A Kirin would be awesome! :bananarock: :banana:

But Corthian had a problem with 3dsmax, so he will have to fix that first Confusedhrug:
Akavir mod leader.
12-07-2006, 11:24 PM,

Could he write some tutorial/guide how HE does all the rigging?
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
12-08-2006, 01:30 AM,

I think he used a tutorial for that, and he just learned how to do it.

But hey, you would have to talk to him about it Wink
Akavir mod leader.
12-08-2006, 03:25 PM,

I used several tutorials. Many of them had missing points and I added them together. The main trouble I had was that I am not a 3DS genius, one check checked uncorrectly could screw everything up. I am still not sure what changed between the time I got extremely wierd results and when I got perfect results. I just hope it doesn't go back.

Animal tweaking... I would freaking love to. I was planning to test it anyway.

Oh, I already figured out how to import nif's with skin and skeleton intact, I used to get an error like "Destionation length exceeded 1234567" or some crap I changed this by just copying a biped skeleton to the C:/ directory.

Kirin? One second... One trip to Wikipedia latter. Ah a Kirin the thing from Mononoke Hime. An altered unicorn, easy. Question is two horned or one horned variety?
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
12-08-2006, 06:50 PM,

These are my favorite images of the kirin

[Image: kirin.jpg]

[Image: kirin.png]

Of couse the 2nd one doesn't need the wings.
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM,

Two horned Corthian, just like Ra's perfect pictures =)
And no wings would be best.
The Kirin is more like a deer then a horse, but it would be awesome to ride a Kirin.
Akavir mod leader.
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM,

Ride a Kirin, that's got to be some kind of blasphemy. I think editing the deer model, resizing it, add fire effects and change it to mount will be all that it takes. I can model and skin it but I don't know how to add fire effects. I think the ability to resize and change to mount are in the CS but I am not sure.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM,

:lmao:
If it's some kind of blasphemy... i will like it even more Big Grin
We should have only one Kirin that the player can ride, i reward for a great hero Smile
So we should also have "wild" Kirin, and the player can't ride them.
Akavir mod leader.
12-09-2006, 06:41 AM,

Here is a tutorial on how to make other creatures mounts

Mount tutorial

Corthian you are right on about the deer model. That would be much better than the unicorn. I remember looking at a mod once that had some kind of "hell horse". It had flame effects on all it's hooves. Maybe it's all done in nifskope. Maybe copying a atronarchs flame effect and pasting it on the foot bones of the deer?

All wild and one that you can tame through a very difficult quest.

There is a giant liquor store near my work and they have a huge statue of a kirin for that Japanese beer by the same name.