Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kothringi Architecture
08-28-2006, 12:49 AM,
Kothringi Architecture
Thought I'd show this off, been playing around with the concept for awhile. It's probably not complete in my eyes entirely, I wanted to add wierd organic patterns covering the structure all over, confined within a sharp geometric shape of the building; representations of Order and Chaos- TES metaphysics...

[Image: KothringiTempleCF.jpg]

Here's the design for the Temple, which would have multiple interior cells. At the top are towers to two of the Kothringi deities, each with some kind of nautical significance (Wind and the Moon/Stars= Kynareth/Lorkhan-Akatosh/Julianos). I'll probably redo this building with more detail later on.

This wouldn't be the only Kothringi ruins, I was thinking of having entire settlements (of varying sizes) abandoned and covered in the vines and plant life of the jungle; they've only been gone for one Era...
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
08-28-2006, 12:59 AM,

:pop: :eek: ;( ;( ;( ;( You had to post it here... oh well, they do need it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-28-2006, 01:05 AM,

you know what Kyoushu, remember when me and you were deiscussing Kothringi designs? maybe I'll make some and we can discuss.... cause recently I have been thinking about them too...
08-28-2006, 01:08 AM,

Yeah I remember, couldn't find enough reference pics... besides that would be polygon nightmare Big Grin :lmao:
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM,

I'll model that and link a picture in a little while. I can't do much work on this mod as I am busy a lot but every once and a while I'll contribute.

EDIT: Okay, here it is. It's 80 polygons:
09-10-2006, 08:52 PM,

cool can you get a bit more detailed? maybe with more geometric embosses and stuff, especially around the door?
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM,

Sweet work guys Cool
09-11-2006, 12:29 AM,

I don't know what details you want, I modeled what's in the concept.
09-11-2006, 01:27 AM,

alright, well then that's okay... was just asking for some creativity added to the concept
that's alright... I'll ask whomever textures this to do designs... I'm trying to come up with stuff right now... a sorta mix between Mayan heirogrlyphics and Rongorongo of pacific Easter Islanders
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM,

Nice model Smile

I've come up with an alternative concept for the Kothringi Temple. Kinda has a more eastern feel to it (SE Asia, Tibetian, Byzantine, etc). From the intial response (or lack there of) I just assumed nobody was interested, let alone discussing how they'd look and the functionalities of them.