Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kynareth Shield
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM,
Kynareth Shield
First part of the Kynareth Armor for my Sutch Reborn mod, well have a full suit by the time i'm done.

It's normal mapped too Big Grin

Only the mesh and textures are in this file, no esp.

Might be useful for the Chapel of Kynareth in Steadhelm...
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM,

it looks great, real oblivion quality! :goodjob: :goodjob:
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM,

We have been needing a suit of armour for the kynarethian knights! Have you taken a look at the old suit from morrowind, it may be a mod, but it was quite nice.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM,

Loverly stuff. I note that the shield appears to have a marked reflective quality, and to take on a different colour in different light? Or are they different models in the different pics?

Here is a link to a Temple of Kynareth claim. There are likely others too.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-05-2006, 10:41 PM,

Erm... Is it blue or yellow? I can't really tell... But it looks great!
07-06-2006, 07:54 AM,

It's Blue, and yes I have Jeremys Knights of Tamriel.

It looks yellow in the 1st shot because it's indoors ad i'm standing next to a yellow candle.

Yes, it's all one model, and yes it is reflective, and normal mapped.

The problem with the Knights of Tamriel mod is, the textures are all too small, and look rather cartoonish when imported into oblivion, I was going to use the original eagle from jeremy, but it didn't look all that good in oblivion, 1: too small, 2: not very detailed, and 3: didn't work well when i normal mapped it...

Here is the pic from where i got the new eagle, and a pic of jeremy's eagle, note the differance in quality.
07-06-2006, 02:31 PM,

Wow, I'm impressed. Wish I could texture as well as you.
07-06-2006, 02:37 PM,
Kynareth Shield & Helmet
Didn't finish the cuirass yet, but here's the helmet and some pics.

This one actually uses part of a texture from Jeremy's Knight of Tamriel: Kynareth Helmet.

Normal Mapped and reflective.

See latest post for download.
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM,

the texture on the helm is streshed too much... it makes it look wierd. also its hard to tell what animal it is. why not drap teh wings around the helm?
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-06-2006, 04:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
the texture on the helm is streshed too much... it makes it look wierd. also its hard to tell what animal it is. why not drap the wings around the helm?
Hmm, i see what you mean, though because the helm is round it might look weird, and with the shape of the texture it might not fit well, it's hard to explain, i'll upload the texture so you can see...

Also, remember since the eagle is white, it catches the light, which is then refracted off of it. I might take an SS of it without HDR on to show you the diff.

(EDIT) Finished the male Cuirass, the cuirass is defiantly the hardest to retexture, it's a huge texture.

Pics included.