Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIP problem.
07-27-2008, 02:24 PM,

My knowledge is a bit limited in this area too, but I'll try to help. Smile Maybe the filename is wrong? Files should be named according to:
1. The quest ID
2. The topic ID
3. The INFO's eight-character form ID (starting with 00, not 01 or 02)
4. The index

Here's an example from the ST mod:
stgeneric_acceptyield_00023f6f_1.mp3
You need to create a folder inside the voice folder. This folder should be named exactly like your mod ESP or ESM file. The above MP3, for example, is found under data\sound\voice\silgrad_tower.esm\breton\m\.

You can also use the TES4 Gecko utility to generate silent MP3 files for all INFO's in your ESP, all of which will be correctly placed and named.

(post edited for clarity)
07-28-2008, 08:26 PM,

Been outta town for the weekend, but now I'm back. Smile For the MP3s, there are two general possibilities:
  • The files have the wrong name or are in the wrong directory; TID covered the variants on that theme pretty thoroughly,
  • The MP3 files are not exactly right; OB is real picky about the MP3 format. I use the mp3encode script to convert WAVs to MP3s.
As for the LIP files, the 2 versions of the CS can co-exist, bu I'm not sure which order to install them in. I think I installed the old one, renamed it and then installed the newer version. One big drawback is that CS 1.0 doesn't deal with versions of the plugin created with the newer CS. I think changing the plugin version with a plugin editor will work.

In my almost-ready-for-prime-time version of TES4Gecko, I've included the ability to "reduce" a set of objects copied to the clipboard to the absolute minimum required for generating LIP files in CS 1.0. This "boiled down" plugin does not even require OB.ESM so load times are lightning. Of course the reduced plugin is useless for anything other than LIP file generation. Big Grin If you like BW I can take your plugin and send you one ready for LIP file generation.

Quite enough for now,
Steve
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM,

Kivan made an .esp file that can be loaded into the old CS that can be used to create LIP files that doesn't require the Oblivion.esm file. You can DL it here. I haven't used it myself, but it does load easily into the old CS without any complaints. It even comes with a read me that goes through the process of making LIP files.
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM,

Kivan's ESP is actually the thing that inspired me to add that function to Gecko. Looking over his description gave me clues as to how to strip out everything unnecessary for LIP generation. Hopefully my approach (once released) will automate that process still more, though a certain amount of file movement (but not renaming) is still required.

Steve
07-30-2008, 05:56 AM,

Thank you guys. You have helped me alot Smile much appreciated. :goodjob:
I have fixed my two problem. I looks though as such my mp3 file was too higher quality than oblivion but didn't realise it. Thanks SACarrow for pointing out exactly How Oblivion is very picky and Shadowdancer for the helpful links.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
07-30-2008, 06:09 AM,

No problem. Thats why I gave out the link to the CS, because it had the information on the settings for the wav file and the mp3 file - the finickiness of the CS actually gets quite a few people. Anyhow, I am glad you got it worked out.

@ SACarrow - cool, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for that. Anything that makes things easier is a welcome addition.
07-30-2008, 11:31 PM,

According to Otellino on the Mechstorm Forums:
Quote:when you record your lines in the CS, it gets saved in WAV format. When you edit it into a MP3 format, make shure you keep the WAV. then, in the SC, select the "Generate Lip File" option and tick the "From WAV" box. There you go, Lip Sync!
I haven't tried it out myself, but I thought it would be worth posting here.