Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOD Generation
07-10-2008, 05:54 AM,
LOD Generation
I'm sorry if it's been posted before. I was redirected here by Ima Junryou who suggested this, but I'm not getting any feedback whatsoever on the official forums. Seeing how you guess have been able to make a sizable chunk of land, I figure you might be able to offer a few suggestions.

I've looked up several tutorials on the wiki, on the main forums, and a little here but nothing seems related. I created landmass using the Fractual Mapper program. Successfully implemented it all, and got right up to generating the LOD. No matter what, being quick prototype or full, with the landmass set to small world or not, or even loading the ESP on a different computer it always crashes almost instantly when I click on the generate button.

I've read about problems happening with 6x6 quadrants...though I shouldn't have that issue as mine is only 4x4...

Does anyone have some advice? I'd be more then appreciated. Thanks. ^^
07-10-2008, 07:33 AM,
RE: LOD Generation
Welcome to ST! Smile

Did you generate the LOD meshes?
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 07:47 AM,

Generate? You mean if it actually got anywhere? If the directory is... meshes/landscape/LOD then no...there's no files in there (after cleaning it up per one tutorials direction).
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireHeaven
Generate? You mean if it actually got anywhere? If the directory is... meshes/landscape/LOD then no...there's no files in there (after cleaning it up per one tutorials direction).
Generate a full set of LOD meshes through the height map editor (HME).
Check if they were generated (16 meshes).
Leave these in the meshes/landscape/LOD folder.

I recommend to use the CS v1.2 for generating the LOD land texture because it's faster and more stable. You could use TES4QLOd programmed by Lightwave (+ tes4qlodgui from Bioxx) to do this in an automated manner (without the CS).

EDIT
I attached the files.

If you want to use the external programs, first install TES4QLOd and secondly tes4qlodgui in your data folder (the exe's etc., not in a separate folder).

Double click on TES4QLOD GUI etc.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 09:20 AM,

Oh, I got the landscape texture files.

But no. For some reason, I click generate in the HME in the CS and it doesn't create one file, doesn't throw an error, everything just simply shuts down by itself. The CS is version 1.2.404. I can't even get to the texturing part. ; ;
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM,

Could you upload your esp/esm for checking?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM,

Working on it right now...

I appreciate your help btw. Thanks. ^^

Oh...forewarning...though I imagine you already know this. The file is over 40mb. Turns up installing that height map from .raw files really beefs it up. ^^;

Since it's taking awhile...is megaupload ok?

Edit: Here's the link regardless. ^^; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TEUIH7DT
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM,

I'll reply after 16.00 board time.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-10-2008, 10:10 AM,

Thank you. ^^ Appreciate it.
07-10-2008, 01:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireHeaven
But no. For some reason, I click generate in the HME in the CS and it doesn't create one file, doesn't throw an error, everything just simply shuts down by itself. The CS is version 1.2.404. I can't even get to the texturing part. ; ;
Your file DeoraII is an esp.
With my comp I could generate the LOD meshes without a problem.

For low end - middle end users you have to convert an esp to an esm when the esp is larger than approx. 15 Mb otherwise the CS will shut down or even crash.

I converted the esp to an esm and cleaned the file (removed redundant exterior cell blocks). The LOD meshes have been generated as well (it took less than 10 minutes).

Use the TES4Gecko to merge esp files to the esm or convert an esp to an esm etc.

Send my regards to Ima Junryou.

Last but not least it's a very nice HM. Smile

Download the esm and LOD files -=here=-.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD