Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOD Generation
07-11-2008, 05:59 AM,

Wwwwoooow that's big. o.O That's really big, that's huge.

Always amazes me how giant these quadrants are.

But no, thank you so much! I've been beating myself over the head trying to figure out why in the hell it wouldn't work. It turns out that if the machine is slower then necessary it just shuts the editor down unless it's an ESM file then huh?

So just out of curiosity, what do you mean by redundant exterior cell blocks and how do you clean them?

The regards have been sent. ^^

And thanks for the compliment. Some of the regions are ridiculously spikey though...I think I need to play around with it a bit to fix it up. But it looks really good. ^^

Thanks again!
07-11-2008, 08:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireHeaven
It turns out that if the machine is slower then necessary it just shuts the editor down unless it's an ESM file then huh?
Correct.

So just out of curiosity, what do you mean by redundant exterior cell blocks and how do you clean them?
Look at the screenshots.

I attached the grid for ST (36 HM quads, nowadays we have 37 quads).

If you open the esm with the Gecko and go to the WS (in this case the ST land) you'll see the exterior cell blocks (ECB). The ECB numbers that can be seen in the Gecko correspond with the grid.

In your case it contained e.g. a ECB -2_-3 which doesn't belong to your 4*4 HM so it was deleted (Gecko) etc.

When you finalized the HM (before adding trees etc.) send me a PM because it's possible to reduce the base size of the esm drastically.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM,

Huh...you think deleting though would cause tears in the landmass...I guess not then huh? ^^

I'll send you a PM definitely, though I think I need to redo the landmass. The height isn't quite what I wanted, but oh well, what do you expect for a first shot?

Thanks again my friend. I really really appreciate it. ^^
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM,

Huh...you think deleting though would cause tears in the landmass...I guess not then huh? ^^
No, because you don't alter the HM data for the 4x4 central part of the HM. The edges will be cut off in an abrupt manner. Normally the borders of the HM are border regions (region editor) and not accessible for the player --> Not visible.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD