Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land making
06-03-2006, 04:17 AM,
Land making
ok scince i just got accepted to be a landmass maker with that silly little island i made i was wondering how do you want me to do this... do i do wilderness and caves or do i also do citys.... and npcs and quests... what do i do? i was just wondering... ?(
Welcome to the thunder dome Bitch!
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM,

I'm glad you asked, my landmass friend. We have already decided that making a beta of Stormhold would be a great way to attract attention. What I need you to do is to create a gate on the eastern side of Tamriel, directly east across from Lake Canulus. Name the city Stormhold, and make a flat, walled in city about the size of Bruma. Just make it very basic, involving little effort, because this city will be changed quite a bit once we figure out the best layout.
I would like you to do this so every member can download the basic city to get a feel for it and maybe even some inspiration. Email me your results and wait for my approval before posting it here.
06-03-2006, 03:33 PM,

The gate thing will be tricky becuse i am not really sure where to put it.... This will be sorta tough becuse i dont know where to put it on the moutain ranges.... i just want some sudjetions..
Welcome to the thunder dome Bitch!
06-03-2006, 04:54 PM,

Yea.. Stormhold would be a great town to start with to get some attention.
Id love to help with townmaking. Ive done just small things for several games that didnt require modelling.. more like mapmaking over the years.. but those were quite easy to do. Too bad im not familiar with CS and im not a coder or modeller in any way.. when my practice work ends at halfway of July. I may have more time to try CS with some tutorial, if i get how to make a town (no retexturing or stuff, i cannot do that) ill let you know, because i think i have a quite good eye on placing up things using a sense.
09-18-2006, 05:19 AM,

So Stormhold is going to be in Cyrodil? Are we going to turn off borders or make new ones and have Stormhold be the "portal" to Black Marshes?
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 06:33 PM,

actually I think we should have Black marshes as Black Marshes and Stormhold within Black marshes...
11-19-2006, 06:13 AM,

It sounds as though you want Stormhold as a border crossing settlement like Haerter's Gap in Skyrim. One gate in the Cyrodiil space, one in the Black Marsh space, right? The Stormhold worldspace itself could have either Cyrodiil or BM as a parent space really, as long as any mountains etc that would be realistically visible from the inside are present in the parent world.
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"