Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Claim: The Rim (North) LCRN08
03-30-2011, 01:16 PM,

We're definitely going with the mine idea: see Miliin and its Mine for details on the plan for the town and mine. The mine entrance should probably be a Colovian Highlands cave entrance, somewhere high-ish up the valley on the Rimmen side, with a narrow path into town cut into the valley slope.

AIP, did you decide to go ahead with this? I realise I haven't actually booked it out to you but it's yours if you want it - together with the town and / or mine.
Morcroft Darkes
05-21-2011, 11:37 PM,

Hi Morcroft!

Sorry for my unexplained absenses. I was studying hard to finish my IB Rolleyes

Right now I am just cleaning up my PC and purging Oblivion of game breaking crap so I can run it properly again,

I made some progress on this claim and I am now up to figuring out exactly how i'm going to get the village into such a steep riverbed.
05-21-2011, 11:59 PM,

Excellent news - glad you're back.

I'm getting pretty close to the next modding release - and if you're ready to get active again then I'll make an extra effort!

The saloons will be in the next release, so you'll have nore to work with soon.
Morcroft Darkes
05-23-2011, 09:12 PM,

Hi Morcroft,

I'm ready to roll, but I'll wait for the next modding release so I can use the Saloons. Smile

Thanks,
05-23-2011, 10:16 PM,

Regarding the Saloons Morcroft, I'm just finishing the interiors now/will put online within the next hour, if we can manage to squeeze them into this release of the resource file too (if it's not too much of a hassle).
05-23-2011, 11:02 PM,

Not a problem - PM me a link when you're done. I'll try and build the pack tomorrow if I'm not snowed under IRL.
Morcroft Darkes
06-06-2011, 11:25 PM,

Perhaps I should have cliffs protruding from the gully with the buildings sitting on top.

Still having trouble deciding how I am going to put the town in such an awkward spot. ?(
06-06-2011, 11:43 PM,

If it's really such a hard spot to put a town then realistically, nobody would have built the town there.

Let's be pragmatic: the town is situated there because TOYB put a marker on a flat map, JKJ created an overall landscape and I added some interesting but semi-random surface detail. If you can't put a town there and the surface is too hard to reshape (it is!) then move the town. As long as it doesn't go too far then I don't see a problem.

We've got the whole mining town concept. The mine itself will probably be best dug into the hill behind Rimmen so pick an awkward spot for the entrance and back-track a (preferably treacherous) path from there to the east end of the bridge. Build the town around there, with maybe a couple of outlying buildings at the west end of the bridge to justify the position of the marker.

Just a thought: is the bridge big enough to put stuff on? Not permanent buildings but maybe market stalls? Not really sure why they'd be there but it would act to spread the town out.

If cliffs help then by all means go ahead - probably Colovian Highlands ones, although there are some "wet" retexes of CH rocks I made ("ECRockRHWet") which could be used around any standing water if you want to add some in the valley (not sure if that would work: just an idea).
Morcroft Darkes
06-07-2011, 08:52 AM,

Good Idea! Big Grin

Right now I have finished all the landscaping around the bridge but not the gully itself, should have that done later on.
06-08-2011, 04:08 AM,

Quote:the town is situated there because TOYB put a marker on a flat map

In all fairness, the town's location is actually taken from Arena -however if it does need to be moved though, please don't move it very far from it's original place.