Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscaping
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM,
Landscaping
Dear BM members (IG more specifically);
I have recently taught myself to Landscape. A bit basic but I can do it a lot easier now than what I did in my Mirn mod I showed you.
I was curious as to how the Landscape claims worked.
If you could explain to me how they work and what I do in them, that would be loved. If you could I ight be able to do some landscape claims.

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-20-2011, 08:26 AM,

Doing landscaping claims would be awesome. You can get most of the information you need from going to one of the landscaping claims threads such as this one: AJRL0115 "Arnesian Jungle: Far West beta" (Completed) . However, all landscaping for the beta version is now done so there is less of a need.

Nevertheless, work can still proceed on the Throttlemesh Myre, Talu Swamps, Murkwood, Vudai Marshes and Arnesian Jungles regions towards the East of the map. This mainly consists of the more boring aspects such as adjusting items that are floating or clipping into other objects (normally advice is given on the thread itself) whereas the more fun stuff is in setting up locations such as dungeon entrances, unusual places and in-game environmental areas.

The design work of the regions themselves is done exclusively by myself and sandor. This involves deciding on the basic overall design, getting appropriate models and so on. This is pretty much done as I know what needs to be in place in all regions. However, the furthest Eastern regions could be worked on, I guess but I would need to advise you a LOT as there are now very clear plans on the design.

Ultimately, it's no longer part of our beta work so I'd recommend working on stuff like interiors, NPCs and quests (if possible).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-20-2011, 11:23 AM,

Hi IG;

Awesome! I will wait till BETA is out and then I will do some landscaping!

PWN
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM,

If you can help out with any of the remaining stuff in the meantime, it would be awesome, particularly these: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs or these: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=411 . Good to have you back, bud! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]