Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Posting
06-06-2007, 08:07 PM,
Large Posting
I want to post a large quest, which is in several files. I remember seeing a posting similar to what I think would work well. There was introductory text then some links to other files. A large message just seems cumbersome if all of it is in the body of a posting. I browsed through the FAQs for quite some time and looked at the BBC pages but can't see how to do this. I would appreciate if someboby who is an expert with the forum system would help out.
Thanks,
Oblivioneer
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM,

I don't fully understand your question, but if you have a large volume of text and/or you want to format it in ways the forum can't provide for then my suggestion would be to instead create a document and attach it to your post. It can be of any type depending on what you're most comfortable working with; some prefer word, some prefer acrobat, some prefer oldskool text docs. Personally I prefer html, so I'd probably create a webpage and 7-zip it and ask readers to open it in their browser.

Alternatively you could send me X number of texts. I could then create a html page for each text and PM you the links. Then you could link to them in your main thread and ask readers to click the link if they want to read more about that particular item?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-08-2007, 06:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I don't fully understand your question, but if you have a large volume of text and/or you want to format it in ways the forum can't provide for then my suggestion would be to instead create a document and attach it to your post. It can be of any type depending on what you're most comfortable working with; some prefer word, some prefer acrobat, some prefer oldskool text docs. Personally I prefer html, so I'd probably create a webpage and 7-zip it and ask readers to open it in their browser.

Alternatively you could send me X number of texts. I could then create a html page for each text and PM you the links. Then you could link to them in your main thread and ask readers to click the link if they want to read more about that particular item?

Razorwing,
Because the list "jpg jpeg png 7z exe rar txt esp nif 3ds mp3" comes up when one clicks on "Attachments," I never knew I could attach Word files with "doc" extension. Can one attach "doc" files? If so, then I suppose the problem is solved.
Oblivioneer
06-08-2007, 07:04 PM,

I do not think you can upload a word doc. but you could compress it into an rar file and upload it Big Grin

I always use txt. files for big stuff (notepad)

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-08-2007, 11:11 PM,

Ditto to what Bob said Smile

Folks are welcome to upload anything, the restriction is just to keep them from posting bloated files like word documents without zipping them first. Personally I prefer 7-Zip and have been using it for the last three years, though rar is almost as good (and can be opened with 7-Zip too, so it's just a matter of preference which one uses).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]