Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Transparency Issue
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jman0war
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
6) The standard settings for ambient and diffuse colors are pure white (all textboxes set to 1 in Nifskope), while Glossiness should be set to 10 at default. Oblivion doesn't actually render ambient and diffuse but NifSkope does, so keeping the colors at pure white means it'll look the same in NifSkope as it does in Oblivion. A very low Glossiness setting tends to make surfaces look flat; I can't recall a Bethesda example I've seen where the setting was lower than 10.
May I inquire why you mention that?
I do not change any Glossiness settings and am therefore going with whatever is defaulted. Bar the exception of a particular shiny metal material I wanted.
Do you suggest I put the glossiness up?
Here's an example of what i'm working on. It's primarily a dark dungeon.
http://photos4.pix.ie/F3/E5/F3E50F735697...40-800.jpg

The settings generated by modelling programs may vary but the default gloss value is 10. If you doubt me, check any random Bethesda nif Smile Sometimes it goes higher but then there's most likely a specular map involved and the gloss setting is used to soften the spikes in the specular map. That technique is for instance used a lot in the sewers (Data\meshes\dungeons\sewers) to get that wet look. But for normal surfaces whose texture doesn't have a specular map the gloss setting should be 10.

I think your dungeon is off to a good start Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]