Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio Argonis
06-25-2006, 02:20 AM,

Can you do intelligent dreugh in TES3?

Steve
06-25-2006, 03:05 AM,
Fishing Village
Ummm I dont know, but have you been reading my mind?

Smile
Bob

Water Seraph (milling_hordesman's work)

[Image: th_ScreenShot56.jpg]
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-25-2006, 06:32 AM,

Hey! Found the thread.

If there's anything I can do to help (other than ridiculous scripting), lemme know.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
06-25-2006, 03:10 PM,
fishing village
Thank you sir

Your assistance is always welcome

Right now it seems fine Rusty Scrib and all

ridiculous scripting is probably what I'llneed the most help with :yes:

Bob

06-25-2006, 04:48 PM,
intelligent dreugh
Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
Can you do intelligent dreugh in TES3?

Steve

I dont think this will be a problem, I played around with it a bit and it seems to be a simple adding of dialogue to the new creature, I ran a small test making a dreugh and adding some greetings and topics, placed it in the game and all worked fine, I think we will need to add script only if we want to get fancy

Smile
Bob

06-28-2006, 06:12 PM,
fishing village quest
Im about finished with this village, I have one interior to decorate and its done.

Now I am ready to start the dialogue and scripting part and of course since I am totally lost I could use some instruction and or assistance with this

Thier are 5 npcs in this village, Ulaa Metana, Publican of the Rusty Scrib, shes a young dunmer, friendly, talkative

Hides-His-Snout He's a crafty deceptive alchemist who sells home made brews, that arnt very good

The Old Fisherman, an Old Dunmer, hes a crusty old man, who relly hasn't a nice thing to say about anything

The Guard, just a normal redoran guard, walks his post

A Drunk, just a character, at the rusty scrib who is drunk, nothing special about him

Here is what I'd like to do:

You go into the Rusty Scrib and one of the first things you will notice is a huge slaughterfish mounted on the wall behind the bar.

Talk to the drunk, about anything and he just wants another drink
buy him one and leave him alone.

Talk to Ulaa, you can barter with her for drinks, all other topics are standard, the only other topic she will have is about the fish.

First time asking:
"Oh Big Louie, yes he's the biggest fish we've seen anywhere, the Old fisherman caught him a few years ago. He goes out every day to fish, has been for years, but I wouldn't bother him, he won't like it!"

Each time after, before talking to Old Fisherman
"Did you talk to the Old Fisherman"
After talking to Old Fisherman:
"Isn't that the strangest story you ever heard?"

When you leave the Rusty Scrib the old fisherman will be leaving his hut, he will go into the supply hut and walk out with a fishingpole in hand, walk to the dock, and stand their and fish.

Approach the old fisherman and talk to him, he will just say

"Go away, your scaring the fish!"
After a 2 hour(game hour) wait the old fisherman will return to the supply hut, leave the hut (empty handed) and return to his hut

Enter his hut and talk to him about the topic "Big Louie"
His response: What do you want to know about it, its a fish!
Options: A)where did you catch it?
B)dont get smart with me old man
choose (A) and he tells you he caught it off the southeast side of the Island, but he doesnt fish over their anymore, because theirs strange things in the water, now leave me alone.

(Journal update here) "The Old Fisherman mentioned strange things in the water on the southeast side of the Island, maybe I should look into it"

choose (B)he say's: you better watch it!, I've beaten better than you in my time!!

Hides-His_Snout

Knows nothing of the above mentioned topics, but will try to persuade you into buying one of his famous brews.

Talk to Hides-His-Snout:
His opening greeting will be: Welcome, are you here to buy one of my famous brews?

Option A) yes
Option B) no

If (A) 1000 gold is removed from your inventory (provided you have 1000)
and it is replaced with a bottle labeled "sailors rum"

If(B) he say, "you really should have one" I'll let you sample it for only 500 gold and I am sure you will want another, at full price of course.

If (B) again: I promise you, you'll never have another brew that is as flavorfull and refreshing only 300 gold for you"

If (B) again: My friend all I ask is you try it, I assure you it is well worth 200 gold for you.

If (B) last time: I am very sorry you didn't accept my offer, someday you will hear of it and want it and then you must pay full price.

If at anytime you choose to take his offer, the appropriete amount of money will be removed from inventory(provide you have it) and replaced with the "sailors brew"

If at some point you decide to buy and drink the brew, it will knock you out cold. Of course if your alchemy level is high enough you'll know this.

On to the quest:

I havent finished the interior cave yet. nor have we come to a decision of what will the "Strange things" will be, so all that is TBD

However once you completed the quest:

When speaking to Ulaa: So you say you found (tbd) thats interesting, Im sure the Old fisherman will be glad to hear that.

When speaking to the Old Fisherman: So the strange things were (tbd)
and you took care of it, well thats good, maybe now I can fish again on that side of the island, now leave me alone.

When talking to the Drunk: Really, thats a fishing story if I ever heard one, maybe you need another drink, and buy me one too!

Hides-His-Snout: Did you like my brew, would you like another(if you bought it)
(if you didn't buy it) you have returned to buy my brew haven't you.

(yes) good.... as above 1000
(no) you will return and buy, I know this

End of story (for now)

So Im reading the dcripting for dummies and so far I the first topic for the Old Fisherman, Backgound: He says: They call me the Old Fisherman, What do you think I do?
I don't think the dialogue will give me much trouble, it will take awhile to do for me, but the getting the Fisherman to leve his hut and fish, I dont understand how that works (need help with that!!!!)

HELP ?(

comments? suggestions?

Thanks
Bob

06-28-2006, 10:14 PM,

Following link shows that there is some intelligence to the dreugh.

http://til.gamingsource.net/fsg/dumbkidarticle1.shtml

perhaps you could incorperate karvinasim-ism into this quest.
06-28-2006, 11:24 PM,
Intelligent Dreugh
Sweet !!!!

Thanks for that info Deus, it sounds like a nice idea

:goodjob:

Bob