Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legion Armor
12-01-2009, 01:54 PM,

I just sent a PM to themythofanst. :check:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-02-2009, 06:07 PM,

Okay, the Vvardenfell Imports mod is free for us to use (but the add-ons are not, unless we clear it with alienslof first, who contributed to those).

This leads me to some mild thread necromancy. This thread: List of Factions was used to determine which Faction received which armours. As these were not implemented (because I still wasn't happy with some of the options), we can now alter the plans for the selections. So if you have any armours you would like to see these Factions wearing then now is the time to suggest it. Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM,

I've been checking out the links on that thread, and I have to admit that there are some fine armour sets there. Smile

I was particularly interested in those possible shadowscale armour links, and in my opinion, Shadow’s Sotonhorian is the best suited for them.

I also think that Avrenec's Elven Armours is a lot more like how I pictured the Royal Court armour to be than the retextured ordinator armour.

I think that Adonnay’s Ranger Coats are the best choice for the Trillium Magnata.

I think that the best option for the Ka'Pura Tribe is Ghogiels' Dreugh Armour (no offence, Koniption - yours is great, but not as well suited to this in my opinion) and that in Lexton's Scale Armour, the Dragonscale armour would be a great choice for the Sotho Tren.

I think that the other factions should stick with their final decisions.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
SNIP

Would it not be best if we limited the use of outside work?, I can see IG's suggestions will fit the mod, but for the likes of the Shadowscales we could easily re-texture some stock armor and use it.

Its nice to use others work, but we do not need to do that with everything, we have some great members here with some skills we can make use of Big Grin

Talking of Shadowscales, here is an example of a retextured set of armor I have been working on, might not suit best but its an example :goodjob:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM,

Links to pictures please junklesjenk?

There's a little lore issue with Dreugh armour, since apparently it's unique to the Dunmer (it's a closely guarded secret how to make it). But Argonians could still have some looted from house Dres.

I reckon we should use some very typical Morrowind armours for House Dres (like Netch Leather, bonemold and Dreugh). The "Netch-Adamantium" hybrid suit is pretty good too in my opinion.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-02-2009, 09:30 PM,

OK - here

Shadow's Sotonhorian - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15562

Avrenec's Elven Armours - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15580

Adonnay’s Ranger Coats - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13556

Ghogiels' Dreugh Armour - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11417

Lexton's Scale Armour - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17327

12-02-2009, 10:31 PM,

This is all a bit of a headache really, but a good sort of headache in that we have an embarassment of riches where armour is concerned. Tbh, I'm going to have to take a really good look at themythofanst's collection before I make any decisions. I support IS's view that we should use our own guys but, at the same time, I have reservations over the Royal Guard armour I created (it took me bloody ages but I'm still not sure!) and IS's Shadowscale stuff. Personally, I see the Shadowscale gear as more ninja-like but very, very sinister.

So it's what fits that counts, I guess. I have my hands full at the moment but we need to get this sorted so that we can start setting up Factions properly and get the ball rolling for quests.
12-03-2009, 05:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Would it not be best if we limited the use of outside work?, I can see IG's suggestions will fit the mod, but for the likes of the Shadowscales we could easily re-texture some stock armor and use it.
I agree, but if you look at some of those armour sets...well, the images say it all :worship:

I'm not trying to question the way big modding projects work, but I've never really understood why we try not to use modder's resources, because it doesn't seem any different to use modder's resources and thank them in the credits than to convince them to join, use the resources anyway and thank them in the credits. It has the same outcome, so I don't get why this is the case. Could anyone clarify why this is?

12-03-2009, 07:35 PM,

It's to do with having a creative community here, really. One of the big bonuses of working in teams is to benefit from other people's creative expertise and thereby become better and better. Plus if the interests are shared i.e. an interest in the Black Marshes, then the enthusiasm, lore and creative minds working together should fuse into a more coherent whole than it would if we were simply to take the best of everything from elsewhere and dump it in the esm. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts and this is worth bearing in mind when making choices like these.

Nevertheless, I'm leaning towards the outside content a little here. Creating armour is probably the most competitive area of OB modding that I know of.

Btw, love the avatar pic of Ade Edmondson! A bit of a hero of mine... =)
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM,

OK, well I'm probably the worst modeller and texturer the world has ever seen, so I take all the help I can get, but I agree that when we've got modelling geniuses (that's the plural, right?) like Koniption and zaneeba_slave, we can't just waste them by downloading exterior resources. I've been looking at some of the stuff on the Open Model Claims Thread, and it's phenomenal!

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Btw, love the avatar pic of Ade Edmondson! A bit of a hero of mine... =)
Same here, although I'm quite young for all of his greatest works, my dad got me into Blackadder and Bottom and the likes, but The Young Ones really was the greatest for me.