Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's decide what's up with Gideon
06-30-2009, 10:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
It's quite easy to create poltergeist effects, I think.
Could probably script an activator to shoot an invisible explosion at some movable statics (e.g crates) as the player walks past to give them a bit of a jump.

Then again, they're probably used to that from the implementation of physics in the game. Wink
06-30-2009, 11:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Then again, they're probably used to that from the implementation of physics in the game. Wink

That's the thing. It might have to be a combination of ambients, lighting effects and scripts. Perhaps this is where the 'themed' music samples of my old buddy Aslak Tolonen can come in: The music of Atolonen and the Hammerite Imperium .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-20-2009, 11:08 AM,

This is what some of the doors of Gideon look like. I was thinking it would be nice to make new models of the doors that fit with the topic of "what's up with Gideon?" In the midst of the black death, they would mark infected houses with the sign of the red cross. Might we do something similar?

Indeed, if the lurking threat does indeed emanate from the sewers and we have a focus on creating diseases then this might be a really nice option. I can replace the doors with an appropriate design. InsanitySorrow and DoZeNt tend to enjoy working with textures. I should ask them.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-20-2009, 11:34 AM,

It should not be a hard task to apply a cross on the door for that, hardest bit is adjusting it enough to make it look good :yes:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM,

Why don't you make it a red "X" instead. It'd probably be more appropriate.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM,

Indeed, paint daubs will be dead easy. It's just a case of deciding what is an appropriate symbol....and that depends on who or what exactly is the thing from the sewers!!!!

A freakish evolutionary product of the Khanaten flu?
09-12-2009, 06:06 PM,
Lets Decide whats up with Gideon?
God Gideon is going to be a hell of a load of fun but it all sounds to much like Ghostbusters to me xD.

I would rather like a Horror Influence in this and i love the face idea(I got a great face to freak out most people.... Ill show it in a mo) How about somethink similer to the Corprus Disease of Morrowind? Gideon should do its best to freak out the mortal players at night (Except i think Vampires, and Lycanthropes should be able to spell the ruse when they see it).

[Image: 11963760480720Av.jpg]
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-13-2009, 11:55 AM,

Difficult to do, really. This wouldn't be very good as a daubing on a door...it would be better to use something simple but symbolic...although I wondered about the idea of using a face such as this in a spectral form. But it would need to fit clearly with the final decision on 'what's up with Gideon?' Nevertheless, KP has recently created some new webs for me and I'll be adding other cobwebs to the archive so we can make the most of this little beauty: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18709 .

Now using some kind of 'spider queen' that involves a possibly retextured version of the Spider Daedra might well prove to be an interesting answer to that question...? And the idea of a web i.e. of deceit, corruption, lies etc. opens up some useful avenues for thinking about the Gideon quests....perhaps it's time I nudged Tlo1048 to see if he's finished with his RL stuff after his break....