Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level scaling and other annoyances
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM,

Oh I'm sure we can, but with oblivion's combat system, I think that idea can be taken even further.... Consider, even at level one, being able to use your brain to survive by doing something like sending a pile of rocks down the slope towards an enemy who is far stronger than you.

I don't think the vanilla Oblivion takes near enough advantage of their Havock Physics system.... Are we planning on placing things like movable rocks?
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM,

I don't see why not, and as you said, for a low level character it might be vital to have havok traps.
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM,

Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I remember the falling, havoked rocks in Oblivion gates, it'd be interesting if once in a while a big lump of Red Mountain rock rolled down one of those Foyada's... if that would be possible. Imagine, it'd be like that Boulder Dash level from Crash Bandicoot 1 (long time ago Big Grin) where it was you, a boulder and a path (foyada)... and you had to leg it away of you'd be flattened.

... perhaps my imagination is running a little wild right now.
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM,

Yeah, that might make a player think twice about taking a shortcut through a foyada... I like the idea of making them faster to travel through, but far more dangerous!

What about making something like red mountain generated with some static rocks, but also some Havok rocks, so that if you make a false step, you send them hurtling into each other down the mountain?
07-18-2007, 04:09 PM,

Definitely. That'd make people think twice... I mean, although Dagoth Ur and all that nonsense (can't believe I said that Tongue, I love Dagoth Ur), are gone, I think it should definitely still be a dangerous place, with still almost constant Ash Storms in the area to make it hard to see, and fill it with dangerous creatures and stuff.

In MW, there were a few ways to get inside RM without actually using the Ghostgate, which I found great. For example, there were a few Sixth House caves, Mines and even a massive ruin to get you inside. It'd be great if we could have some of them too.

Quote:What about making something like red mountain generated with some static rocks, but also some Havok rocks, so that if you make a false step, you send them hurtling into each other down the mountain?
Sounds good. I don't know if it'd be possible, but it sounds good...
07-18-2007, 04:12 PM,

^ More ways through the fence? You learn something every day...
Do we have havoked rocks, by the way? Granted ashland rocks still need to be textured, but I was wondering what we had to work with.
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM,

Yeah, I think that RM should still be filled with Deadric items, etc.... Does anyone who knows more about lore than I do know of any creature that may have been chased out of Red Mountain by the Sixth house but may now have re-populated it? It'd be interesting if there was some kind of creature that was unique to Red Mountain...
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM,

Well, they're kinda gone, but Cliff Racers I think were sorta unique to RM, right? I think there were random Daedra like Ogrims with their pierced nipples.

Quote:More ways through the fence?
Yep. :yes: There was even a Velothi tomb somewhere that had one way leading straight to Red Moutain, IIRC. Also, there was Kogoruhn, which led into a cave, which led right out into Red Moutain. There were a few caves too, but I can't remember much about them since I didn't pay much attention really. Big Grin

Quote:Do we have havoked rocks, by the way?
Stock Oblivion, yes, I believe. They'd probably be under the Items tab in the CS, but I don't it open so I might be wrong. There may be other rocks too, but I dunno.