Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levitation Quest Idea
07-05-2006, 09:31 AM,

I posted saying that the Telvanni hid the spell from the other people so only worthy people have acess (sp?) to the Telvanni Towers.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM,

Read it Flesh :goodjob:

X23, there is some reference to lore, but it is not verified yet.

Howver, if you check the link I posted above, you will see that quite a few people are interested, and there are lots of ideas coming through (including some that are starting to get interesting), so let's not put it down, eh?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-06-2006, 01:08 AM,

Well, I guess it'd be a good way to introduce a unique spell ( Thats Not in Oblivion)

But how could they hide the spell if mage guild members know it? Its not like they own the rights to the spell. Telvanni aren't the only wizards.
07-06-2006, 09:37 PM,

Depends if it is a case of 'hiding' the spell then it might not be 100% hidden. But if people feel they have to hide their knowledge of it then the player might not find anyone who knew the spell and was willing admit to having the knowledge or to teach him/her.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-17-2006, 11:29 AM,

I don't know where it was but I recall something about levitation magic being banned by the mages' guild. I think it'd probably just be a matter of finding a Telvanni to teach you the spell.
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM,

Great initiative! :goodjob:

I think it's pretty clear that Bethesda omitted a levitation spell because they didn't have enough time to make it great. They've often said before, that they prefer omitting a feature as opposed to adding a flawed one. Since levitation is supposed to exist in Elder Scrolls, I'm not surprised that they didn't come up with new lore to explain why the player can't fly in TES IV.

Since the spell is supposed to exist, and since there is no lore that I know of that explains why it's gone from the world, I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get to see a fullblown levitation spell in a future Expansion Pack.

In case that happens, I think it would be a good idea if we molded our mod's version of the levitation spell in such a way that it could work side-by-side with a fullblown levitation spell Bethesda might enable in the future. Becuase if the company do enable a levitation spell and make it seem like the spell would have been in the world all along, and we've created a big quest around bringing back the levitation spell, our quest might feel a bit silly in hindsight.

But if the quest and story is molded in such a way that it makes sense to the player even if Bethesda goes on to create a fullblown levitation spell, then our quest would still make sense. If our spell also gives the player an advantage beyond the levitation then the player would still have a reason to play through the quest even if fullblown levitation spell was made available everywhere through the expansion pack. Perhaps our spell could be coupled with an invisibility effect, for instance? That way the player could for instance fly into an encampment and make a surprise attack. But that's just one idea, I'm sure there are other side-effects that would give our spell an edge.

Just my two cents. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-17-2006, 02:18 PM,

well. the reson Bethesda didnt bring in levitation is that grapics is crappy upp in the air
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
07-17-2006, 03:04 PM,

Dang, I forgot... the separate city worldspaces was probably the reason. They didn't want players levitating down into the LOD city mockups in the Tamriel worldspace. Although in that case I don't get why they couldn't just as soon have modelled a huge collision box over the cities... hmm... Oh well.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM,

[Image: ScreenShot3.jpg]

There is the reason. they chould have changed the seperated worldspace easy.. not my screen btw
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
03-01-2007, 10:42 PM,

Levitation Quest Idea

Has their been any progess toward this or is it a dead subject

Is it something that can be planned for a future quest
IE is levitation available in Silgrad Tower? do we want this ability to be something to go after in a quest?

Please advise

Thanks
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories