Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading Screens
06-26-2009, 06:10 PM,
Loading Screens
Hey,

I have been away and now back again. Been traversing this world we call modding Big Grin, seriously, I was busy with my petshop, then started to take a break. Which leads me onto this topic.

Does Black Marsh have its own loading screens?, if not I want to step up and create some :bananarock:

Here is an example of one I made earlier, its made using a character called Elm, but I want you to focus on the load screen and see it looks quite good, even if I do say so myself :lmao:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-27-2009, 06:15 AM,

Hmm, I have about 20 loading screens, but I need something to add, by the way can you help me with something? All I need is the background, Mine is just green, but some teammates said that it needs some kind of roots, or tribe sings...

Edit - Please read the information above from the merged thread.
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-27-2009, 11:01 AM,

I'm quite fond of the rocklike background to your loading screens, Dozent but I guess a little border manipulation would be nice. We could use the icons here: Argonian Cultural Artworks & Icons .

@ DZ and IS - I merged the two threads.... :check:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
06-27-2009, 11:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
Hmm, I have about 20 loading screens, but I need something to add, by the way can you help me with something? All I need is the background, Mine is just green, but some teammates said that it needs some kind of roots, or tribe sings...

If you first build up your loadscreen to look like the vanilla ones, you should be able to imprint the vines on the background and then add your colour on top.

To be honest that colour is a little dark imo, but everyone likes it so I am on my own :lmao:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-27-2009, 05:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt

If you first build up your loadscreen to look like the vanilla ones, you should be able to imprint the vines on the background and then add your colour on top.

To be honest that colour is a little dark imo, but everyone likes it so I am on my own :lmao:

I agree on the color issue.

You shouldn't put a dark color on another dark color. Try using a different border, instead of that green.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-03-2009, 10:13 PM,

Ok so I gave it a go, I tried to keep some green in and remove some at the same time Big Grin
07-03-2009, 10:38 PM,

Hmm, not sure. Btw, could you send me the loading screens without the borders at all, DoZeNt? I'm thinking I may be able to make some good use of them as paintings in-game. I wonder if I can achieve the same 'painting' effect in Photoshop if I take some more screenies with the express purpose of getting 'paintings' material.....we could use some more traditionally Argonian paintings anyhow.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Hmm, not sure. Btw, could you send me the loading screens without the borders at all, DoZeNt? I'm thinking I may be able to make some good use of them as paintings in-game. I wonder if I can achieve the same 'painting' effect in Photoshop if I take some more screenies with the express purpose of getting 'paintings' material.....we could use some more traditionally Argonian paintings anyhow.

Well let me know what your ideas are and I will see what I can do Big Grin, if you head here IG:

http://www.tesalliance.org/modules.php?name=Forums

You will notice that I added a tutorial for making custom paintings, its made for GIMP [Which is free], its easy enough to workn with Tongue

I can also give some info for making them in PS.

Edit: How about this one?
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM,

Ah cool. It's a bit late for me and I'm exhausted (it's Friday night!) but I'll try checking that out.

No suggestions as yet. I suppose the goal is to look for anything that might look like a painting. It should be not too complex but visually-appealing nonetheless. City shots would be good and swamps that might be regarded by our curious lizard fellows as 'charming' and anything they might want to remember or think fondly of.
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Ah cool. It's a bit late for me and I'm exhausted (it's Friday night!) but I'll try checking that out.

No suggestions as yet. I suppose the goal is to look for anything that might look like a painting. It should be not too complex but visually-appealing nonetheless. City shots would be good and swamps that might be regarded by our curious lizard fellows as 'charming' and anything they might want to remember or think fondly of.

Its only 12pm IG, not too late :lmao:

Well I was planning to use nice visual shots, painting can be done [kinda like the current look], but the main concern is the background and frame colour/style.

Should I make the loading screens like the Oblivion ones [Like in my above post], though they are slightly modified with more colour and a new placement for the text, or should they be like the vanilla OB screens. Even then should they be like the green ones posted?

Once I know that it will be easier to create them and get them just right.