Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore related questions about TES IV: vvardefell
04-07-2007, 05:23 PM,

Small Holdings unjoinable.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-07-2007, 10:18 PM,

basically, to go into a tiny bit more detail...
they will have small individual holdings, not actual House Dres territory... but no they are not joinable...
04-08-2007, 02:50 AM,

I would imagine the Commona Tong has established some trade connections with each other seeing as they have lost a main source of man-power (no slaves) and the export similar (both legal and illegal) goods.
The rider in black is always watching......
04-08-2007, 03:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
I would imagine the Commona Tong has established some trade connections with each other seeing as they have lost a main source of man-power (no slaves) and the export similar (both legal and illegal) goods.
no worries, they still can last awhile by rounding up migrant workers and sharecroppers and turning them into virtual slaves, just without that name... there are plenty of ways they can operate

but now they'll have to be a bit creative and more willing to bring in a few foreigners who'll be useful in their goal to drive out foreign syndicates and terrorizing important outlanders... and Orvas Dren is a clever but brutal man
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM,

But there is a compound of Dres in Vivec?
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
But there is a compound of Dres in Vivec?
in the early days of Bethesda concepts they wanted to have ALL five Great Houses having cantons on Vvardenfell.... and originally TES3 was to be all of Morrowind

we figured, it'd be nice to have a bit of Morrowind on Vvardenfell... the Dres and Indoril cantons will be some of the few places you will find Dres and Indoril on Vvardenfell though... aside from individuals, refugees, etc.
04-16-2007, 01:14 AM,

Will some of these playable factions be joinable only by Dunmer, or failing that be fairly biased against outlanders? Let's face it, Vvardenfell isn't a place that screams equality to me. Wink
04-16-2007, 01:25 AM,

What, all great houses outlanders can join.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-16-2007, 02:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
What, all great houses outlanders can join.
yea, however Moryal is somewhat right...

Obviously the three joinable Houses here are a bit more welcoming to outlanders than indoril and Dres... afterall Telvanni have been using outlanders as hirelings for many years (along with Redoran mercenaries), Redoran have been intensely occupied by watchful Imperials for a long time and though they dislike outlanders a bit, they aren't as racist, and Hlaalu are welcoming of outlanders...
now the Camonna Tong... RARELY but do OCCASIONALLY recruit outlanders. Those outlanders that are crecruited must endure harassment and tests of ability and loyalty most likely... like that Argonian Tul, or those Orcs with the Camonna smugglers, or that Khajiit that was being impressed into service. They don't mind if you die (if you outlander) and begin hating your guts and you need to earn respect.

But factions like the Morag Tong don't give a damn about what race you are, like Michael Jackson they "don't care if you are black or white" as long as you can kill people in their beds all night. :lol: And then you have Ashlanders which will accept non-Dunmer only if you do some weird super-hard quest that will make them feel you can be oneof them to some degree...

it all depends but some factions will be more open to outlanders and some will be less, but all will be joinable, just the trouble you have to go through varies, depending on how much they like n'wah, dead or alive Wink
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM,

But dres had made an alliance with hlaalu and indoril is almost in ruins. An outlander could perhaps join house dres, because they are now linked to house hlaalu. Perhaps house indoril will accept strangers to hold house dres and hlaalu off and hopes for a salvation( or so). However we are talking about vvardenfell.

BTW will bonewalkers, dwemer ghosts and dwemer skeltons be included?