Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Armor of Jnaggo the Armorer
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM,

Details

Individual Piece stats

Dwemer_Helm Night Eye 10pts WU (when used)

Dwemer_Left Pauldron Strength 10pts WU
Dwemer_Right Pauldron Strength 10pts WU
Dwemer_Left Bracer Telekinesis 10pts WU
Dwemer_Right Bracer Fortify Long Blade 10 pts WU
Dwemer_Cuirass Shield 20pts WU
Dwemer_Greaves Restore Fatigue 50 pts WU
Dwemer_Boots Fortify Speed 10 pts WU
Dwemer_Shield Reflect 20 pts WU

Completed Set Stats

Dwemer_Helm Night Eye 10 pts CE (Constant Effect)

Dwemer_Left Pauldron Strength 5pts CE
Dwemer_Right Pauldron Strength 5pts CE
Dwemer_Left Bracer Telekinesis 10pts CE
Dwemer_Right Bracer Fortify Long Blade 10 pts CE
Dwemer_Cuirass Shield 10pts CE
Dwemer_Greaves Restore Fatigue 1 pt CE
Restore Health 1 pt CE
Dwemer_Boots Fortify Speed 10 pts CE
Dwemer_Shield Reflect 20 pts CE

Chameleon 60 pts CE

These stats are just what I had set for MW version you may change them if you wish

Items 2 and 3
:check:
:check:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-08-2007, 03:02 PM,

A good base, but due to oblivion's armor and enchanting systems, we'll need to revise it heavily.

Oblivion has no pauldrons at all, and doesn't differentiate between left and right anything. You've just got one set of gauntlets.

Also, i don't believe there are enchantments that you have to use, only constant effects.

At least we know which effects we should use, though we must take care not to make it overpowered
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-08-2007, 04:11 PM,

Thats fine, modify the stats to suit OB

The only real requirement is the Chameleon effect, that is the whole basis of this armour.

Since their is also no "When Used" magic type and "Constant Effect" needs to be used I would recommend option 2 which is to have no enchantment on the armour at all unless all pieces are worn (including shield)

Enjoy
Bob

11-08-2007, 04:20 PM,

Yeah, i was thinking just have a reduced effect, and no chameleon. So the boots would give fortify speed 5 on their own, but fortify speed 10 if you had the full armor.

It'll need a lot of balance testing to get to the point where it's not overpowered.

One other thing i thought of is if we had a scripted ability that does something really cool, and has to be recharged at a boiler (descriptive i know). Basically, a special steam-powered attack or something
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Yeah, I was thinking just have a reduced effect, and no chameleon. So the boots would give fortify speed 5 on their own, but fortify speed 10 if you had the full armor.

It'll need a lot of balance testing to get to the point where it's not overpowered.

One other thing I thought of is if we had a scripted ability that does something really cool, and has to be recharged at a boiler (descriptive I know). Basically, a special steam-powered attack or something

This is a good idea !

I don't know what though

If you recall earlier discussions about this, we talked about having the ability to summon/conjure a dwemer construct even as a possible companion...Confusedhrug: or at least the ability to command the dwemer constructs (limited number of course) while wearing the armour

Enjoy
Diet Bob

11-14-2007, 01:57 PM,

Ok so if you want I could put together an esp with the armor in and set up the enchantments and a script, how about if you wear the armor you get a power or something for the chameleon, or have it split between bits and when its all worn you get a bonus to your sneak skill or something like that.

So fo example:

Boots - 5 Speed
Armor - 10 Chameleon
Helm - 10 Chameleon

etc....

Then when all are together you get +20 Sneak or something.

Quote:If you recall earlier discussions about this, we talked about having the ability to summon/conjure a dwemer construct even as a possible companion...

Edit: Ok so I am going to make a start on the companion, I will make a basic one to start with and use an existing creature, then the creatures can be changed later.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-14-2007, 02:28 PM,

That would be great !

However you want to work it, Personally I prefer not having any enchantment on the Armour until all pieces are worn, the most
important being the Chameleon effect

However in the name of good gaming, players would most likely think it much more desireable to have each piece with some enchantment

As long as it is balanced.....maybe we should have some type of negative effect as well ?

As far as the Centurian companion goes... If we get a construct... we don't necessarily have to make it a companion, but we can give the player, whilst wearing the armour the ability to summon same

Enjoy
Bob

11-14-2007, 02:37 PM,

See I'm not 100% sure how to make the armor enchant work when all pieces are worn, I think a Spell cast on the player that is set to a disease could work, it would act as a constant effect meaning we would not need enchants on the armor itself.

It would stick more to lore and maybe play better, so if thats what you want I can figure something out.

As far as the companion goes, if its not what you want then I won't do it, simple! Big Grin

Summon-able is great though and easy to implement through a script, since you cant make a new summon spell.

I will get working on the armor tonight.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM,

I have completed the armor, its in the CS using the starting ID of DCIS, its just the standard armor since I could not find the new dwemer armor in the Silgrad.esm.
I also stuck to what you said Bo196045 and left te armor un-enchanted, I have also implemented a small script that adds a spell to the player, its set as a disease, that adds
the chameleon effect 60% when all pieces are being worn, it removes the spell when one piece or more is removed.

The armor is situated in a test cell, in-game open the console and enter coc DCISTestCell and you will find it in there. Since this is for Dumac is used the DC in my id instead of ST so it can easily be edited.

I also noticed that seniosh mentioned he would like it leveled, thats fine, but its not done yet. This is the next step, I will set up the ID's and correct the script but I won't be placing them in-game.

Question:

Would you want any enchantments on the armor, small obviously, if so let me know.

OB has the following armor set-up

Greaves
Boots
Helmet
Cuirass
Gauntlets
Shield

These are all single pieces.
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I have completed the armor, its in the CS using the starting ID of DCIS, its just the standard armor since I could not find the new dwemer armor in the Silgrad.esm.

Is this ES3 or ES4, if ES4 can we get someone to test it out

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow

Question:

Would you want any enchantments on the armor, small obviously, if so let me know.

As stated previously, it doesn't matter to me. <( pass the buck clause)
Big Grin j/k

Advantages and Drawbacks

If we do add enchantments to each piece, it would make the armour more desirable to have (player perspective) but we also take the risk of having an armour that might be considered un-balanced, so we need to take care in this

If we do not add enchantments to each piece, the armour becomes less desireable to have, because it does nothing but chameleon and summon a construct (to me that should be enough) but others may think it mediocre in comparison to other armours

I'd say go with the very minimum on individual pieces

Greaves should add endurance
Boots should add speed
Helm should add intelligence or enhanced vision
Cuirass should add protection (ie block, resist or reflect
Gauntlets should add strength or increased weapon skill or even increase magic skill (since magic during game play is released through the hands) (they would be closest to a glove)
Shield as with Cuirass should add protection

Negative effects

Fatique, and any activity which would require a higher agility (jumping, climbing etc etc)

As to the above- some believe that though metal armours are normally heavy, magical enchantments somehow remove the wieght making the armour when worn seem light, I don't necessarily subscribe to this belief but its another option to add the effect of a reduced load
Not by increasing strength, because doing that would effect the other abilities, but to just remove this wieght from the players overall encumberance when the items are worn

(how to do this) Confusedhrug: probably more script

Enjoy
Bob