Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MG Location] Cave of the Mask
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM,
[MG Location] Cave of the Mask
Hey,

Story: The place where the "Mask of Death" is supposed to be hidden.
Claim: N.A.
Owner: N.A.
Type: Long, dark, damp, gloomy, evilish, reddish, greenish, undeadish, deadish, badish cave.
Quests:
  1. Council Matters
    [/list=1]NPC's:
    1. Gadave Belaram
      Race: Dunmer
      Male/Female: Male
      Vampire: No
      Story: The necromancer who you're send to deal with.
      [/list=1]
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM,

I'm going to make this with the Vanilla resources, it's not a tough cave or anything...

EDIT: It's just a small generic cave (Silgrad.esm not needed)
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM,

I am not happy with this cave for a few reasons.

The CaveMask is a copy from the first part of the Barren Cave.
  • I don't like the idea that players think we copied caves etc. from the vanilla game and use it for ST.

• Secondly it takes 10 minutes to create such a cave from scratch.

At least use the correct piece to close the exit (where you made the cut).
  • The textures of CRmWall02A don't match with the other pieces, use the CRmWall02B instead (screenshots).

If this was an interior (house) I would have rejected the file.
I don't know our policy concerning caves, so I'll discuss it with the Core.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-05-2008, 02:11 PM,

Well, you're right, but the player is in the cave for 10 seconds... The player comes in, talks a bit to the badguy and kills the badguy and leaves the cave again.

Well, the reason I just copied it is because I'm dramaticly bad at caves and I just wanted this finished ASAP... But if you disagree, fine, I'll do it again...
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM,

Players don't know who modded what when they play the game, and if they see copied Bethesda interiors they'll think all of us are lazy. So we won't do that.

I've always been disappointed that the moldcave tileset hasn't been put to better use, and even more so when a modder makes a conscious choice not to use it. I spent upwards of three hundred hours creating it, so I kinda expect it to be used for our caves.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM,

I want you both to know: I think you're both right, and I apologize. I'll familiarize myself with the Cave tileset ASAP and actually build the Cave of the Mask this time.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-06-2008, 12:24 PM,

And dont worry i already have 2 moldcaves drawn out on paper, one as part of the redoran questline. Wink
01-11-2008, 09:51 PM,

Personally, I don't think it should ever be about getting something done the fastest way possible. If you want players to enjoy what you make, you have to put a solid, genuine effort into it. Make it unique, make it memorable. Smile
01-11-2008, 10:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Personally, I don't think it should ever be about getting something done the fastest way possible. If you want players to enjoy what you make, you have to put a solid, genuine effort into it. Make it unique, make it memorable. Smile

Sure, I will spend many hours building the Mages Curia, however, I shall not put alot of time into building a cave of minor importance & size. That said, I will remake it.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild