Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MG Quest] After Death, A new Beginning [3]
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM,
[MG Quest] After Death, A new Beginning [3]
Hey,

The third Mages Guild quest:

Short: In the first Mainquest-quest of the Mages Guild Questline ( Wink ), you'll meet Nibarr Faren, a Mages Guild operative in Soluthis. It appears the Mages Guild is having a bit of a dissapearance problem. He sends you to a location where you'll find three vampires. Kill 'em, return to Faren and become Evoker!
Boss: All Compound Leaders & Nibarr Faren
Reward: 500 coins
Promotion: Evoker
NPC's:
  1. Clengoth:
    Race: Bosmer
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Story:
    - Voice done by SWThemer
    Vanco Valean
    Race: Dunmer
    Story:
    - Voice done by
    Horuscia Ratori
    Race: Imperial
    Male/Female: Female
    Story:
    - Voice done by
    Nibarr Faren
    Race: Dunmer
    Vampire: No, later in the questline Yes
    Story: Warlock in service of Amilia Noctis.
    -Voice done by
    [/list=1]
    Full Story:
    Meet Nibarr Faren, a Mages Guild Warlock who needs you to help him solve recent disappearances of Mages Guild members. He believes that either the Dark Brotherhood or the Morag Tong, and further up the foodchain a faction like the Fighter's Guild, is behind this and he needs you to go to one of the locations he has magically tracked one of the missing Mages to. He gives you a fair description of the person you're to search for. When you reach the location (either a cave or possibly a basement), you'll see the person you're searching for. You talk, you find out he/she has become a vampire (in the dialogue the vampire says "After death, a new beginning!"). It's necessary for the quest to kill the person you're searching for, though you can escape the other two vampires there. Report back to Faren, he says you can't talk to anyone about this since the Mages Guild might be infiltrated.

Dialogue & Triggers:
    [TITLE]Chapter 1[/TITLE]
    Chapter 1 Scene 1: Getting the Job
    Trigger: None (Start of the Quest)
    Consequence:
    Player actions: Talking to Nibarr Faren
    Log1: "I've met Nibarr Faren, a Mages Guild Warlock in charge of the investigation into some recent disappearances of Mages Guild members. He ordered me to go to a location where he tracked one of the disappeared mages, Felthyn Virith."
    Dialogue:
    - Nibarr Faren101-Intro01: "You are the one they sent? I expected more."
    - Player101-Answer01a: "I'm bigger on the inside."
    - Player101-Answer01b: "I'm just here to do a job."
    - Nibarr Faren102-Answer01ab: "Fair enough."
    - Nibarr Faren103-Answer01: "You might be aware that several mages have disappeared lately."
    - Nibarr Faren104-Answer01: "Others have come back, unable to aptly explain where they were."
    - Nibarr Faren105-Answer01: "Our 'great' leader has authorized me to put a stop to these incidents."
    - Player102-Answer01a: "And how are you planning to do this?"
    - Player102-Answer01b: "Really?"
    - Nibarr Faren106-Answer01ab: "I have tracked one mage who has recently disappeared. I need you to find this mage, and, more importantly find out what happened to him."
    - Player103-Answer01a: "Why exactly should I?"
    - Player103-Answer01b: "I understand."
    - Nibarr Faren107-Answer01a: "For the good of the Mages Guild? I'm not here to motivate you, you're here to do what I order you to do."
    - Nibarr Faren108-Answer01a: "The mage's name is Felthyn Virith. I'll mark the location on your map."
    - Nibarr Faren107-Answer01b: "Thank you. The mage's name is Felthyn Virith. I'll mark the location on your map."
    - Dialogue Ends -

Chapter 1 Scene 2: Talking to the badguys
    Trigger: Log1
    Consequence: The badguys attack.
    Player actions: You go to the locale Faren marked on your map and you find the mage you needed to find. And then you talk to him.
    Log2: "I've found Felthyn Virith, he seems to be alright, but there is something strange about him."
    Dialogue:
    Felthyn Virith101-Intro01: "You are Mages Guild?"
    Player201-Answer01: "Yes, so are you. Are you alright?"
    Felthyn Virith102-Answer01: "Oh, yes, better than before."
    Player202-Answer01: "What do you mean?"
    Felthyn Virith103-Answer01: "I've been changed, I've been changed for the better."
    Felthyn Virith104-Answer01: "I've become a Cerro."
    Felthyn Virith105-Answer01: "A vampire."
    Player203-Answer01: "What?!"
    Felthyn Virith106-Answer01: "After death, a new beginning. Even for you."
    - Dialogue Ends -
    - Felthyn Virith attacks, two other vampires attack from behind -

Chapter 1 Scene 3: Killing the badguys
    Trigger: None, forceattacks
    Consequence: Badguys dead, intro dialogue added to Nibarr Faren.
    Player actions: Fighting the vamps.
    Log3: "Felthyn Virith has become a vampire, and attacked me. I should report this to Nibarr Faren."
    Dialogue:
    -

Chapter 1 Scene 4: Returning to Nibarr Faren
    Trigger: Felthyn Virith's death.
    Consequence: Quest finished, promotion to Evoker
    Player actions: Returning & talking to Nibarr Faren
    Log4: "Nibarr Faren seemed deeply troubled by the news of Cerro vampires turning Mages Guild members. He asked me to keep quiet about this situation, and he promoted me to Evoker."
    Dialogue:
    - Nibarr Faren201-Intro01: "How did it go?"
    - Player301-Answer01: "I found Felthyn. He was turned."
    - Nibarr Faren202-Answer01: "Turned? Into what?"
    - Player302-Answer01: "A Cerro vampire."
    - Nibarr Faren203-Answer01: "That cannot be a coincidence. We have a pact with the main Cerro faction, they would not attack the Mages Guild."
    - Nibarr Faren204-Answer01: "You cannot tell anyone in the Mages Guild of this. We must know more before we act."
    - Nibarr Faren205-Answer01: "The Council has given me the authority to promote you to Evoker, and to grant you this gift of 500 coins."
    - Nibarr Faren206-Answer01: "I will call upon you again, in the future."
    - Dialogue Ends -
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-18-2007, 06:48 PM,
RE: [MG Quest] After Death, A new Beginning [3]
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Full Story:
Meet Nibarr Faren, a Mages Guild Warlock who needs you to help him solve recent disappearances of Mages Guild members. He believes that either the Dark Brotherhood or the Morag Tong, and further up the foodchain a faction like the Fighter's Guild, is behind this and he needs you to go to one of the locations he has magically tracked one of the missing Mages to. He gives you a fair description of the person you're to search for. When you reach the location (either a cave or possibly a basement), you'll see the person you're searching for. You talk, you find out he/she has become a vampire (in the dialogue the vampire says "After death, a new beginning!"). It's necessary for the quest to kill the person you're searching for, though you can escape the other two vampires there. Report back to Faren, he says you can't talk to anyone about this since the Mages Guild might be infiltrated.

Another good quest

Some questions to ask ourselves

Why would Faren think the DB or MT are involved ? Is their something going on between the two groups? Is the missing person had past problems with one or the other or both ? and not the FG unless their is something more to it, MG and FG relations should be on the + side

neeed some history to clairfy

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-18-2007, 07:03 PM,
Paranoid? Big Grin
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
11-18-2007, 07:09 PM,

Faren thought the DB or the MT might be (directly) behind it because they kill for a living (hired by someone who actually has something to gain by weakening the Mages Guild. Faren doesn't actually name the Fighters Guild, he just proposes a faction is behind this....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
Paranoid? Big Grin

Typical Mage Smile

Ok so the underlined theory is, that one of these factions was asked to take out some mages.

very good

Enjoy
Bob

11-18-2007, 09:39 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
Paranoid? Big Grin

Typical Mage Smile

Ok so the underlined theory is, that one of these factions was asked to take out some mages.

very good

Enjoy
Bob

Yeah, but it was disproven, the Cerro was behind it (just clearing up Wink )
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
03-30-2008, 05:24 PM,

Dialogue & Triggers added.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM,

Super
:goodjob:

Nibarr Faren106-Answer01ab: "I have tracked one mage who has recently disappeared. I need you to find this mage, and, more importantly find out what happened to him."
- Player103-Answer01a: "Why, exactly, should I?"

remove comma's Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob