Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MG Quest] It's all about the Cardgames [2] - Open for Claim
09-27-2007, 12:03 PM,
[MG Quest] It's all about the Cardgames [2] - Open for Claim
Hey,

Short: A Mages Guild operative disappears in Silgrad City, after talking to his friends you gain the knowledge this guy is an excessive drinker and gambler. Find the gambling den, talk to the owner, get the location of the loanshark. Either use the charm spells, money, fists, any other kind of weapon or your persuasive skills to convince the loanshark to release this guy.
Boss: Silgrad City Compound Leader, Clengoth
Reward: 200 Coins, if you've used money to convince anyone, you'll get it back from the Mages Guild
Promotion: None
NPC's:
  1. Clengoth:
    Race: Bosmer
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Story:
    - Voice done by SACarrow
    Huleed:
    Race: Argonian
    Story:
    - Voice done by
    J'Dato:
    Race: Khajiit
    Story:
    - Voice done by
    [/list=1]
    Full Story:

Dialogue & Triggers:
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM,

This is one of the three quests in the Mages Guild questline I'm not going to mod, is there anyone interested in modding this quest?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
10-09-2007, 04:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
This is one of the three quests in the Mages Guild questline I'm not going to mod, is there anyone interested in modding this quest?

Not to hamper your style but I suggest if you don't intend on modding this particular portion of the guild quest, you should post is as an open claim, and monitor it closely. To do this you will need to write it out completely including all stages, triggers, dialogue etc. etc. etc.....

With regards to modding the quests for the guild I would reserve an open mind as to modding the claims yourself, thiers a more than likely chance that no one will pick up the claim and it will definitely curtail your ability to complete the questline

As soon as we have a Guild Forum, we can move all associated quest development posts into that section

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM,

Howdy

Just some notes

The intention of this quest is fine, however the actual quest seems more like a job for the FG, mages most likely would not engage a syndicate in order to have one of their members freed, they would most likely hire out this to the FG or a free lance mercenary.

because of this I would limit the ways of persausion to magic spell or money, threats of violence would provoke the loanshark to call aid from his/her associates if it turns out that way then any form of defense by the player is justified.

Of course we can not determine what the player will do, so what options will be available if the player chooses just to kill the loan shark and his/her associates and free the mage. ?

If the player is a member of the MG for this quest, which I am assuming he/she should be, then reward for freeing the brother/sister member should not be in the form of money, but in form of increased knowledge or status within the guild

We should ponder on this a bit

Enjoy
Bob

11-18-2007, 10:03 PM,

I might be totally redoing this quest, since I really don't like it....
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-19-2007, 02:17 AM,

Your purogative

I do it quite often Smile

I don't necessarily feel its in appropreite for a beginners mages quest, I just think it is more suited for FG involvment, but it could be changed up a bit to make it more of a mages quest

Something as simple as the NPC (Gambler) may have not been paying his/her guild dues and the NPC (friend) has concern that the (gambler) may be ejected from the guild if the dues arn't paid soon. He/she asks you to talk with the gambler about the paying the dues, you go to his/her home (gamblers) and discover him/her missing, you find notes (IOU's) around the home the notes are identified with an initial, you take these notes back to the friend, he/she believes the initials are those of Huleed a loanshark who has been known to frequent the Lucky Coin, you go their and speak with owner J'Dato who (through use of charm spell) will tell you that the person your looking for (Gambler) is well known in his club often drinking heavily and spending most of his evenings playing bones (or other gambling game)

Ask about Huleed and the owner will say he had not seen Huleed in a few days, for that matter he had not seen (the gambler) either

Ask about Huleeds residence and go their

Enter Huleeds home and find the (gambler) on the floor with some blood near a severed hand, Huleed has a dagger and it appears he is giving the gambler an ultimatum

Paralyze Huleed before he attacks again

Speak with the gambler, he will tell you how he had fallen into debt with the loanshark and decided to try a new spell in order to cheat, however the loanshark was onto him after noticing his hand movements and decided to make him pay

Give him aid from his wounds and tell him to leave

Now what to do with Huleed, is the choice he will soon release from his state and want vengence.

A) offer to pay the debt
B) kill him

The gambler will be found at the guild house, he will thank you for saving his live, however he must now retire from the guild because he only has one hand.

Reward

If the debt is paid, the guild will pay you 50% of what you paid and your rep will go up by 1

If you killed Huleed... you get nothing and J'Dato will not provide serives because you took away an important business associate

(thats the breaks)

not all is good in life we have to take the bad as well

What you think

Enjoy
Bob

11-19-2007, 09:38 PM,

Well, Cuthalion, if you don't want this it could fit into the FG.

However, I think a more prudent course of action for you to take would be to hang onto the idea for now and see how things go. If you change your mind and decide once again to go with it, it will still be here for you to use and expand as you originally saw it. If not, then there won't have been much lost because I have a number of quests I'd like to mod first.
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM,

I'm officially closing this quest, I really don't like it as a Mages Guild quest and I'm making a thread at the Fighters Guild Lounge with the same quest.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild