Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MG Quest] Murder Mystery [2] - Open for Claim
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM,
[MG Quest] Murder Mystery [2] - Open for Claim
Hey,

After 'deleting' "It's all about the Cardgames", I decided to write a new Mages Guild quest. Let's just say I played too many 'missing mages' quests.

Short: Clengoth, the coolest bosmer character ever, will tell you one of his mages is missing, but is most likely still present in the guildhall. When you find him, the mage isn't very healthy, he's dead. Turns out, an invisible Daedra was behind it. Huh, who would've thought of that, eh?
Boss: Clengoth, Silgrad City Compound leader
Reward: A gratifying handshake by the coolest bosmer character ever.
Promotion: -
NPC's:
  1. Clengoth:
    Race: Bosmer
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Story:
    - Voice done by SWThemer
    [/list=1]
    Full Story
    Clengoth of the Silgrad City Guildhall is missing one of his mages. He wasn't seen heading out of the Guildhall, so he must still be in it. When you ask around at the hall, you will find out where his room was. It's locked. When you open the door you find the guy's body in the closet. When you talk to some of the other guildmembers they will tell you about strange noises they heard, and when you report back to Clengoth he'll give you a scroll of 'Reveal the Invisible'. When you go back down you'll find a Daedra drooling over the body you just found, you talk to the thing and it'll say "Argh, you have found me!" and it'll attack you. (Note on the body describing why he killed the mage (he did this because the mage was working on a project which used something that Daedra eat, this Daedra was trapped on this plane after the Oblivion gates closed)) You kill it and return victorious to your favorite bosmer character!

Dialogue & Triggers:
    [TITLE]Chapter 1[/TITLE]
    Chapter 1 Scene 1: Getting the Job
    Trigger: None (Start of the Quest)
    Consequence: Getting the key,
    Player actions: Talking to Clengoth
    Log1: "One of the Silgrad Mages, Nalris Alan, is missing. He was last seen in the Silgrad City guildhall itself, Clengoth gave me the key to Nalris' room."
    Dialogue:
    - Player101-Topic01: "Missions"
    - Clengoth101-Answer01: "Yes, your first quest since your initiation. There's a small crisis here in the Silgrad guildhall."
    - Clengoth102-Answer01: "One of our resident conjurers is missing. As in last seen nine days ago."
    - Clengoth103-Answer01: "I would like you to find Nalris Alan."
    - Player102-Question01: "Where should I start?"
    - Clengoth104-Answer01: "Nalris was last seen in the guildhall itself, nobody has seen him leave either."
    - Clengoth105-Answer01: "His room is downstairs, to the left. His room is locked, here's the key."
    - Clengoth gives the key -
    - Dialogue Ends -

Chapter 1 Scene 2: Examining the room
    Trigger: Log1
    Consequence: Topic 'Nalris' is added in Clengoth's dialogue.
    Player actions: Examining Nalris' room
    Log2: "I've found Nalris. He was dead, his body scarred with bloody wounds. I should report this to Clengoth immediately."
    Dialogue:
    -

Chapter 1 Scene 3: Telling Clengoth that Nalris is dead
    Trigger: Talking to Clengoth about 'Nalris'.
    Consequence: Topic 'Nalris' added to several guildmembers
    Player actions: Talkin' to Clengoth
    Log3: "I've spoken with Clengoth, he seemed very shaken up about the news of Nalris' death. The old wizard suggests I speak to other mages in this Guildhall."
    Dialogue:

Chapter 1 Scene 4: Talking to guildmates
    Trigger: Log3
    Consequence: Getting the info: "Nalris was working on a Daedric ritual he wished to examine." "I heard strange sounds from his room, but I thought he had just summoned a creature to study." Topic 'Nalris' 'renewed'.
    Player actions: Talking to several guildmembers.
    Log4: "Apparently Nalris was working on something Daedric, another guildmember told me he heard strange noises which he believed to be from a summoned creature. I should report this to Clengoth."
    Dialogue:

Chapter 1 Scene 5: Talking to Clengoth again
    Trigger: Log4
    Consequence: You get the scroll with the uninvisibility spell and the order to go back to Nalris' room.
    Player actions: Talkin' to Clengoth
    Log5: "Clengoth believes the Daedra might still be in the Guildhall and gave me a scroll containing a spell that would strip the Daedra from the invisibility spell Clengoth believes the creature is using. He suggesting starting my search in Nalris's room."
    Dialogue:

Chapter 1 Scene 6: Meeting the Daedra
    Trigger: Log5
    Consequence: The Daedra talks & then attacks.
    Player actions: You use the scroll in Nalris's room, the Daedra appears.
    Log6: "The Daedra appeared in Nalris's room, after I used the scroll."
    Dialogue:

Chapter 1 Scene 7: Killing the Daedra
    Trigger: - (Daedra attacks automatically after dialogue of Scene 6)
    Consequence: The Daedra's dead, Nalris's murder is avenged.
    Player actions: Fighting & Killing the Daedroth.
    Log7: "I've killed the Daedra, a Daedroth, I should report this to Clengoth."
    Dialogue:
    -

Chapter 1 Scene 8: Returning to Clengoth
    Trigger: Daedroth's death.
    Consequence: You've finished this quest.
    Player actions: Talkin'n to Clengoth
    Log8: "Clengoth was pleased I was able to kill the Daedroth."
    Dialogue:

WIP
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-20-2007, 11:34 PM,

Good Quest

Is their a backstory, why is the daedra after the mage? did the mage come across an item the daedra was assigned to protect?

regardless I like it, simple and fun

:goodjob:

enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-25-2007, 11:18 AM,

Thanx bob,

The Daedra killed the mage because the mage was working on an experiment involving Harrada (a plant native to the Oblivion plane). And since this kind of Daedra eats harrada he went in there ('cloaked'/invisible) to get the Harrada, but was locked in after the Mage locked the door to work on his experiment. The reason the Daedra couldn't find another source of Harrada was because this guy was trapped here after the Oblivion crisis ended and all the Oblivion gates closed.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild