Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MG Quest] Rituals, Rituals, Rituals [6]
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM,
[MG Quest] Rituals, Rituals, Rituals [6]
Hey,

The sixth and final remotely individual quest is, obviously, about a ritual.

Short: The consequences of calling upon Daedric powers to get yourself power, is risky to say the least. Especially when the ones calling are amateurs. When the Mages Guild receives the intel that a farm has been thrashed and the inhabitants have been killed, they send an experienced Wizard (meaning you) to solve the situation. When you get there, you find the farm crowded with daedra, you fight them, track the bodies to a tree-less, round spot. There, you'll find a big Daedra, apparently the one in charge of the smaller ones. He'll offer you this: either get a special item for helping him escaping this plane - he's trapped since the amateur conjurers killed themselves off before they were able to fully summon him - or get into the magical circle and forever free all the planes of this badguy.
Boss: Vanco Valean, the Steadhelm Compound Leader
Reward: If you chose the bad path you'll get a magical sword & 1500 coins, if you chose the good path you'll get 1500 coins.
Promotion: -
NPC's:
  1. Vanco Valean
    Race: Dunmer
    Male/Female: Male
    Vampire: No
    Story:
    - Voice done by
    Ka'Tal
    Race: Daedra
    Male/Female: Male
    Story:
    - Voice done by Cuthalion
    [/list=1]

Dialogue & Triggers:
    [TITLE]Chapter 1[/TITLE]
    Chapter 1 Scene 1: Getting the Job
    Trigger: None (Start of the Quest)
    Consequence: Situation at the farm becomes active
    Player actions: Talking to Valean
    Log1: "Vanco Valean, the Steadhelm headwizard, gave me the assignment to check out some recent Daedra suspicious activity. He said it might just be Oblivion Gate related, but it might be something more."
    Dialogue:
    - Player101-Topic01: "Missions"
    - Vanco Valean101-Answer01: "Yes, I have something for you. Could be interesting... Which means it's also potentially dangerous, hence why I'm not sending any of my better men."
    - Vanco Valean102-Answer01: "I have been getting reports about Daedra running around at the Arendus farm. It might just be Oblivion Gate related..."
    - Vanco Valean103-Answer01: "But it might be something more, and I'd like to be sure. So I'm sending you. Talk to the peasant Sodril Arendus and investigate the outlying areas."
    - Vanco Valean104-Answer01: "And don't get yourself killed, Miss Noctis has already reprimanded[pronounced slowly and very clear, sarcasm] me for losing too many!"

Chapter 1 Scene 2: Getting the Papers
    Trigger: Log1
    Consequence: Ka'Tal is activated
    Player actions: The player gets to Arendus Farm, sees the corpses of the family and searches Sodril's body where the Player finds a tome containing detailed instructions on how to summon a Daedra.
    Log2: "I found a tome on Sodril Arendus' body with detailed instructions on how to summon a Daedra. There's a note scribbled on the edges of the paper. It seems the Arendus family was summoning a Daedra in a summoning circle to the north."
    Dialogue:
    - None -

Chapter 1 Scene 3: Find'n the boss
    Trigger: Proximity to Ka'Tal
    Consequence: -
    Player actions: Finding the summoning circle
    Log3: "I found the place where Sodril Arendus summoned the Daedra. Odd that he didn't attack me on sight. Maybe a conversation is in order."
    Dialogue:
    - None -

Chapter 1 Scene 4: Talk'n with the boss
    Trigger: Log3
    Consequence: The options are open.
    Player actions: Talking with Ka'Tal
    Log4:"Ka'Tal gave me a choice: help him get out of his prison or step into the circle."
    Dialogue:
    - Ka'Tal101-Intro01: "Well, hello there little mortal! What can I do for you on this shiny day?"
    - Player201-Answer01: "Who are you?"
    - Ka'Tal102-Answer01: "Me? I'm Ka'Tal, one of the many lieutenants in Mehrunes Dagons' legion.
    - Player202-Answer01: "And why exactly are you here?"
    - Ka'Tal103-Answer01: "Well, sometimes when amateurs try to summon powerful creatures such as me, they accidentally summon some of the more mindless Daedra as well."
    - Ka'Tal104-Answer02: "Sometimes this proves fatal for said conjurers, often before fully summoning the target Daedra. And this time, it's me to whom this happened."
    - Player203-Answer01: "So what are you saying? You're not truly in this realm?"
    - Ka'Tal105-Answer01: "Basically. Though it's a crude way to explain it."
    - Player204-Answer01: "And that means?"
    - Ka'Tal106-Answer01: "I'm stuck between worlds, a rift if you will. I can't escape on my own, so I have an offer to make you."
    - Ka'Tal107-Answer01: "Destroying the altar should end the ritual, thereby banishing me from this realm. This particular altar needs fire. Fireball should do it."
    - Ka'Tal108-Answer01: "In return, I promise you a magical item and I will take care of all the stray Daedra around here."
    - Player205-Answer01a: "Agreed." - Dialogue Ends -
    - Player205-Answer01b: "What if I don't want to?"
    - Ka'Tal109-Answer01b: "Well then Great Hero, come into this circle!" - Dialogue Ends -

Chapter 1 Scene 5a: Deal'n with the boss (The 'Good' way)
    Trigger: Log4
    Consequence: Loot the Daedra's body for his Tooth.
    Player actions: Step into the circle and kill Ka'Tal
    Log5a: "I did the right thing and killed Ka'Tal. I should take proof of his death to Valean. He might give me something extra."
    Dialogue:
    - None -

Chapter 1 Scene 5b: Deal'n with the boss (The 'Evil' way)
    Trigger: Log4
    Consequence: Either a magical Cloak or a magical Amulet
    Player actions: Shooting a fireball at the altar
    Log5b: "I freed Ka'Tal and he gave me a reward. I should return to Valean."
    Dialogue:
    DIALOGUE AFTER FREEING KA'TAL
    - Ka'Tal201-Intro01: "Thank you, that helps me a bunch. Now, I promised you something I believe.... Ah, yes, I'll give you a choice! Would you like the cloak, or the amulet?"
    - Ka'Tal202-Answer01a: "I'd like the Amulet."
    - Ka'Tal202-Answer01b: "Give me the Cloak."
    - Ka'Tal203-Answer01ab: "Good choice. Cheers my friend, we won't see each other again."
    - Dialogue Ends, Ka'Tal transports away -

Chapter 1 Scene 6a: Coming home with the Loot (The 'Good' way)
    Trigger: Log5a
    Consequence: You get an X amount of coins + an extra half X for killing Ka'Tal, Quest Finished.
    Player actions: Talking to Valean - At this moment you have the Tooth.
    Log6a: "I reported back to Valean."
    Dialogue:
    - Player301-Topic01: "Mission"
    - Vanco Valean201-Answer01: "Ah, yes, what was the source of the Daedra troubles?"
    - Player302-Answer01: "Sodril Arendus summoned a bigger Daedra called Ka'Tal, I killed him."
    - Tooth removed from Player -
    - Vanco Valean202-Answer01: "Hmm, alright, you've done well enough. Here's your reward."
    - X amount of gold + 0,5X bonus for the tooth given to the Player -
    - Quest finished the Good Way -

Chapter 1 Scene 6b: Coming home with the Loot (The 'Evil' way)
    Trigger: Log5b
    Consequence: You get an X amount of coins, Quest Finished.
    Player actions: Talking to Valean
    Log6b: "I reported back to Valean."
    Dialogue:
    - Player301-Topic01: "Mission"
    - Vanco Valean201-Answer01: "Ah, yes, what was the source of the Daedra troubles?"
    - Player302-Answer01: "Sodril Arendus summoned a bigger Daedra called Ka'Tal. I killed him."
    - Vanco Valean202-Answer01: "What? That is... quite disappointing. You've done what I've asked you though, so here's the reward."
    - Vanco Valean203-Answer01: "Now go, before I have you thrown out for negligence!"
    - X amount of gold given to the Player -
    - Quest finished the Evil Way -
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-14-2007, 10:48 PM,

Dialogue & Trigger added.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
11-22-2007, 01:45 AM,

Nicely Done

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-01-2008, 03:44 PM,
RE: [MG Quest] Rituals, Rituals, Rituals [6]
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
.....they send an experienced Wizard (meaning you) to solve the situation.

Reward: If you chose the bad path you'll get a magical sword & 1500 coins, if you chose the good path you'll get 1500 coins.
What level and skills are required to start the quest?

What kind of magical sword?
Meaning which school, effect (magnitude and duration)?

Or should I use a standard Dremora sword?
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM,

I'd say standard Dremora sword + a Destruction (fire) enchantment, seems traditional enough.

I don't really know which level, atleast good enough to slay some (3-5) Daedroth. The player should know a fireball spell (or have a scroll on him, possibly placing a scroll in the farm.).
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-01-2008, 05:20 PM,

Since this looks like it's being put into the CS, I went over the journal & dialog lines and did some light editing. Just misspellings, punctuation and 150-char limit for dialogue. As it turned out, I did a little more editing. I softened the Log3 entry so the PC wouldn't feel compelled to not attack him; I also removed his name, since he hadn't been introduced yet. I made Ka'Tal's language a little more formal and on the two of his answers I split up, I edited a fair bit to make the gist fit into 150 characters. Smile

Cuthalion: If you feel I've damaged the "voice" of your NPC, feel free to re-edit my edits. Big Grin

Steve

Quote:Log2: "I found a tome on Sodril Arendus' body with detailed instructions on how to summon a Daedra. There's a note scribbled on the edges of the paper. It seems the Arendus family was summoning a Daedra in a summoning circle to the north."

Log3: "I found the place where Sodril Arendus summoned the Daedra. Odd that he didn't attack me on sight. Maybe a conversation is in order."

Log4: "Ka'Tal gave me a choice: help him get out of his prison or step into the circle."

Dialogue:
- Ka'Tal101-Intro01: "Well, hello there little mortal! What can I do for you on this shiny day?"
- Ka'Tal102-Answer01: "Me? I'm Ka'Tal, one of the many lieutenants of the Overlord, Mehrunes Dagon."
- Ka'Tal103-Answer01: "Well, sometimes when amateurs try to summon powerful creatures such as me, they accidentally summon some of the more mindless Daedra as well."
- Ka'Tal103-Answer02: "This usually proves fatal to those amateurs, often before fully summoning the target Daedra. And this time, it's me to whom this happened."
- Ka'Tal104-Answer01: "Basically, though it's a crude way to explain it."
- Ka'Tal205-Answer01: "I'm stuck behind this mystic barrier apparently and I cannot escape on my own. So I offer you this: shoot a fireball at the altar and you'll free me."
- Ka'Tal205-Answer02: "In return, I promise you a magical item and I'll take care of all the stray Daedra around here."
- Player205Answer01a: "Ok." - Dialogue Ends -
- Player205Answer01b: "What if I don't want to?"
- Ka'Tal206Answer01b: "Well then badass, come into this circle!" - Dialogue Ends -

Log5a: "I did the right thing and killed Ka'Tal. I should take proof of his death to Valean. He might give me something extra."

Dialogue:
- Player302-Answer01: "Sodril Arendus summoned a bigger Daedra called Ka'Tal. I killed him."
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM,

@SACarrow
Thanks for the feedback. Smile

I already implemented the (old) dialogue, but it's easy enough to change the current dials and replace the involved info's with the suggestions made by SACarrow.

I'll wait for Cuthalion's reply.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-01-2008, 11:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Since this looks like it's being put into the CS, I went over the journal & dialog lines and did some light editing. Just misspellings, punctuation and 150-char limit for dialogue. As it turned out, I did a little more editing. I softened the Log3 entry so the PC wouldn't feel compelled to not attack him; I also removed his name, since he hadn't been introduced yet. I made Ka'Tal's language a little more formal and on the two of his answers I split up, I edited a fair bit to make the gist fit into 150 characters. Smile

Cuthalion: If you feel I've damaged the "voice" of your NPC, feel free to re-edit my edits. Big Grin

Steve

You've kept the feel of Ka'Tal's dialogue intact, don't worry Wink . Before you told me in the Voicework thread I didn't know about the 150-limit.

@sandor: Here's the final dialogue lines, I'll also edit the main post. I'll start working on my demony voice ASAP (don't worry, heavy voice distortion Wink )

Quote:Log2: "I found a tome on Sodril Arendus' body with detailed instructions on how to summon a Daedra. There's a note scribbled on the edges of the paper. It seems the Arendus family was summoning a Daedra in a summoning circle to the north."

Log4: "Ka'Tal gave me a choice: help him get out of his prison or step into the circle."

Dialogue:
- Ka'Tal102-Answer01: "Me? I'm Ka'Tal, one of the many lieutenants in Mehrunes Dagons' legion.
- Ka'Tal104-Answer02: "Sometimes this proves fatal for said conjurers, often before fully summoning the target Daedra. And this time, it's me to whom this happened."
- Ka'Tal105-Answer01: "Basically. Though it's a crude way to explain it."
- Ka'Tal106-Answer01: "I'm stuck between worlds, a rift if you will. I can't escape on my own, so I have an offer to make you."
- Ka'Tal107-Answer01: "Destroying the altar should end the ritual, thereby banishing me from this realm. This particular altar needs fire. Fireball should do it."
- Ka'Tal108-Answer01: "In return, I promise you a magical item and I will take care of all the stray Daedra around here."
- Player205Answer01a: "Agreed." - Dialogue Ends -
- Player205Answer01b: "What if I don't want to?"
- Ka'Tal109Answer01b: "Well then Great Hero, come into this circle!" - Dialogue Ends -

Dialogue:

NOTE: I've also changed the Vanco Valean 'Mission' topic dialogue a very little bit. I added the word 'peasant' in front of 'Sodril Arendus'. Don't underestimate this change, it changes the 'neutral' dialogue to a subtle 'negative' dialogue.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM,
Two small things
1) The word peasant was never actually added anywhere. Smile
2) In Vanco Valean-202-Answer01, "you've did" should be "you've done".

Just nits,
Steve
01-02-2008, 05:05 PM,

1) Hmhm, strange, I could've sworn I had pressed 'post reply'... Added it now...

2) Fixed. I'm ashamed, I made a grammar mistake!
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild