Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maar Gan Quest Plans
02-11-2007, 09:33 PM,

The "shady character" is needed to make the connection to Kogoruhn, so why not make the shady character the quest-giver? He or she is, in fact, a House Dagoth agent who has been tasked to find out the back story of this Dunmer from Maar Gan who has arrived at Kogoruhn; can she do what she claims? He lives in town, so cannot expose him/her self by asking aorund him/her self.

What she claims is the ability to make the Dreamers fight on after being killed, as undead (they shouldn't be overpowering undead, because there will be a number of them). Since the departure of Lord Dagoth, no new dreamers have been created, and no dreamers can Ascend, and Dreamers on their own are pretty feeble warriers, so House Dagoth would welcome something that would increase the utility of the Dreamers.

What HD doesn't know, of course, is that the resurrected Dreamers will not be fighting for House Dagoth, but for Tashpi Ashibael herself, against the House (she wants Kogoruhn and its secrets for herself). I am not sure how you can make the undead a faction, so maybe they just mindlessly attack everyone but Tashpi Ashibael herself (maybe she has an amulet of Turn Undead or something).

Anyway, once you discover the dead Dreamer the QG sends you to Kogoruhn for the showdown.

Thoughts? Is this even doable?
02-11-2007, 09:38 PM,

It's doable, and it's good, but don't you think this'll be quite a complex story for just a miscellaneous quest?
02-11-2007, 09:41 PM,

yes it would be! Big Grin
02-11-2007, 10:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
It's doable, and it's good, but don't you think this'll be quite a complex story for just a miscellaneous quest?
Well, its a bit of a complex backstory, but it is really only
(1) Get quest
(2) ask around
(3) investigate house
(4) report to questgiver
(5) go to Kogoruhn
(6) talk a bit to the Sixth House people and find out where Tashpi Ashibael really is
(7) fight the final battle against her and some undead.

Of course, it is easy to take out anything that is overly complex/hard and substitute something a bit easier (like she summons some undead rather than resurrecting dreamers).
02-12-2007, 12:56 AM,

Howdy

your Quest ideas are great !

I need to point out that the NPC "Tashpi Ashibael" might not be the best choice of character to use, If you played Morrowind you will remember that Ranis Athrys of the Balmore Mages Guild sends the PC to Maar Gan to kill her, so she may be allready dead. The option if you didn't kill her she would leave town. Possibly after 6 years she could have returned, bt that assuming the PC didn't kill her.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-12-2007, 02:17 AM,

Thanks. :goodjob:

That's interesting, the reason I chose her in the first place was because she was a Necromancer, and that she'd be a interesting character to base a quest on. I'll look into it.

Cheers.
02-12-2007, 03:29 AM,

YW

Actually she is a Healer, Ranis only accused her of Necromancy

Ironically though the whole game BM and TRIB included their are only 5 NPC's who are classified as Necromancers, though it seems like everyone you run into in a cave system claims to be one.

You could always add a new NPC

Enjoy
Bob

02-12-2007, 04:55 PM,

I see. Smile

Well me and KuKulzA had a plan that Tasphi was already dead, and her house was up for sale. You could purchase, and furnish it. It's not so much a quest, but something that may capture the players attention a little. It would be nice anyway to hav buyable property in some/most of the towns.
02-12-2007, 05:30 PM,

Good Idea

It would be nice to have a home built. Like Raven Rock
Purchase the property, hire the builder and up it goes, itwouldn't be muchfor redoran archetecture, but it would be fun to do. Also to be able purchase furniture for your home

Enjoy
Bob

02-12-2007, 06:06 PM,

Certainly would. I'm gonna start learning basic quest building for Oblivion, it shouldn't be too hard; I can use already made quests as guidelines to build new ones on. I might try and put the 'Skooma Dealer' quest into action, see what I can do. Big Grin

Enjoy
Dave

...hehe. Tongue