Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Quest - Helseth Ideas
02-21-2006, 01:53 AM,

well the turning point would happen at a certain point in the main quest during dialouge, where you're simply asked to choose between your multiple alliances,

and i don't know why you brought up "miracle features" all that has to happen is that your kicked out, simple as that, no way you're implying theres no way to have people get kicked out of factions in oblivion, right?

AND, we can have you reconcile your old differences between factions after the MQ, thus not barring you from any oppurtunies at all...

i understand you have a certain need to defend the implementation of your ideas, however i think that creating multiple "levels" is a too much of a departure from TES. So if we're to make any progress we need more input...

edit: maybe if we create three new factions that are called "Triple Alliance" "Telvanni Alliance" "Imperial Alliance" and have you join one of them at the outset of the MQ, but the problem with the whole "levels" idea is that it allows you to be a memebr of conflicting factions...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-21-2006, 02:18 AM,

here is an idea:
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
------------a new idea for the main quest structure--------------
timeline of events:
PC arrives on Vvardenfell
intro with Vivec
does stuff and other stuff
gets high enough for the great House war.... but the quest giver will say: "tensions are high, I have no quests for you now"
*Helseth conspiracy mini-mainquest*
returning to quest-giver will direct you to the side's war chamber, war leaders of the sides will be there
---as in if you are Hlaalu, the Nord leader, Legion commander, and Hlaalu highest general will be in a room with maps
so you will recieve special War quests from the war leaders or the Lord High Councilor of the Great Houses... or maybe the factions leaders, but they are likely to be the War Leaders too...
Great House War quests
---result: Telvanni domination, Redoran Domination, Hlaalu Domination; everyone's territory ends up the same, but the winning side has guards in others' cities, which means in every major town there will be guards of the winning side.... note, only the major ones, cause everyone's resources are spread thin and everyone tired from war
*Atronach oracle mini-mainquest*
a few weeks passes
*Temple vs. 6th House main quest*
---result: Temple has increased authority with more "good Daedra" worship, ancestor worship, and Tribunal as super-saints....
OR
---6th House will rule wilderness of Vvardenfell, no where except heavily guarded populations will you be safe... unless you are a part of 6th House

ASSUMING....
that in effect, the Great House Wars will not be a real "mainquest" but faction quests that if you piece it all together and listen to dialogue, you will realize you are in a war... and if you step into the battlefield Big Grin

if we go by that, then it might solve SOME problems....

you become a leader of one of the factions in the alliance... and then after some conditions are met, you can begin the Great House War quests

Helseth Conspiracy mini-mainquest
good ideas Vrenir... but I'd say too much Blades involvement if you are doing this....
but if it is Blades that you like I think it should go like this, but based on your idea mixed with mine:

Redoran annexes Caldera after Imperials give in to the demands
Hlaalu and Redoran are in fierce squabble politically
Helseth tries to appropriate the Caldera mines as Royal property, but obviously much of the profit is filtered to the Imperials and Hlaalu to strengthen them, they are Helseth's supporters so he needs to look out for them...
Helseth's agents are discovered and they disband...
a band of Telvanni agents is also found in the mines trying to smuggle the ebony illegally, they are slaughtered
Redoran sends warning to Telvanni, Helseth, and Hlaalu....
>>>to Helseth- they say he is an illegitimate king of Morrowind, and this is not his affiar but Redoran and Hlaalu (like what Vrenir said too)
>>>to Hlaalu- they will say to face them like real men and to cease illegal connections with Helseth
>>>to Telvanni- they tell them to stay out of it and to control their youth from recklessness
Helseth sends royal guards and agents to occupy Caldera (guards can be any race you know!)
Redoran get in a scuffle with guards cause the Guards "accidentally" attack locals to suppress "public opinion" :brew:
the Guards are either killed or arrested, ...or both :lmao: (j/k)
but the agents and Royal Guards make off with tons of ebony
as the Redoran, Telvanni, and Hlaalu get a small council of Venim Rethan, and Aryon to discuss the problem (but you had been assigned to help guard the Duke by an Imperial Duke's Guard officer), under the supervision of Duke Vedam Dren, a few assassins of an unknown group try to kill them, You and the Guards kill the assassins...
they have an "underground" network to smuggle ebony and the Nerevarine will send you to help the Blades uncover it
you will go from Hla Oad, to Ebonheart docks, to an unknown island, to a Hlaalu port on the mainland (see thats why I wanted a Hlaalu port, such as Bal Falls) and chase down these agents and royal guards.... you find the source is Helseth
report back to the Nerevarine and blablabla

Helseth, having failed to make profit on Vvardenfell, turns to exploiting the adamantium and ebony underneath Mournhold...
although the King of Morrowind now is not focused on Vvardenfell, the local hostilities have been ignited....
Redoran call on the Indoril and Dres to get ready to send their help....
Hlaalu start mass conscripting mercenaries and getting their Hlaalu Legion final preparations
Telvanni hastily call together their not-so-friendly-with-one-another allies...
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM,

I knew that the powers that be would show up sometime to settle this minor dispute. Thank you.
02-22-2006, 10:55 PM,

but now we need to think of ways to formalize the quest-line...
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM,

Neat idea maybe make the Mansion where the royal guards reside and make a moat around the mansion making a little higher elevation. with a workable drawbridge. but the moat wont have water just lots and lots of jagged rocks and some rats. A quest could be like seigeing the mansion and killing the Royal Guard Commander.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-22-2006, 11:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Neat idea maybe make the Mansion where the royal guards reside and make a moat around the mansion making a little higher elevation. with a workable drawbridge. but the moat wont have water just lots and lots of jagged rocks and some rats. A quest could be like seigeing the mansion and killing the Royal Guard Commander.
hold on, I am responsible to the main quests but i do sharing the thoughts...
....I have something similar to that in mind....
02-24-2006, 03:47 AM,

what exactly do you mean by formalize? You mean write something down and say: "WE ARE NOT CHANGING IT AGAIN"?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"