Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main quest for Steadhelm. [Old discussion]
12-30-2006, 09:08 PM,

My idea.

The first Quest.

You are jumped in Steadhelm by thugs, they take you to a secret prison under one of the Nobles houses. Here a Nobleman says that you have been chosen out of everyone in the city to be his new drug puppet. He says that an ammount of Moonsugar will be placed in your stomach inside a bag, you are then to take it to the small back water village of *name* where an assoiciate of his will pump your stomach and collect the goods. If you do not do it in time, the bag will disintegrate in your stomach acids, releasing the concentrated Moon sugar into your blood stream and you will die. If you succed in you "Mission" you can come back here to collect your reward.

You go and "Drop" off the moon sugar at the place.

When you get out of X town you are approached by an Imperial Female, she says that she has been following this drug opperation for many months now and that she is a blade. She says that she wants you to continue your work, and get further into their drug ring. If not then she will have to kill you because you'd be to large a cost to the operation if you leaked what she was doing. She says you are to go back to the manor of where you were given the Moon sugar and if you go off course she will take you out with her bow. When you get to the manor, imperial agents will be posted on the roofs of the other Manors and houses so you aren't to try anything funny.

You now go directly back to the Manor.

When you get inside the Noble talks to you, he gives you a small amount of Gold, and says for you to move along. However like the Blade said, you must get closer into the drug ring, so you ask for another "assignment". He is shocked, because you not only came back but you're asking for more work!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all for now, and is going to be how the first few quests are like, yu will essestianlly be working for both people, then you will start working for the blades entirely, then you will work for the Mayor (or Duke?) of Steadhelm. It will be about theives and corruption, but will also take you down differnt paths, like dealing with the Talos cult, who still believe that he is alive (not Talos the god, but the Uriels son), and they try and take power in the name of him but you tharwt that plan.

So do you like the ideas and concepts?
12-30-2006, 11:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Yes, I do. Smile

It creates a lot of possibilities.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-30-2006, 11:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Yes, I do. Smile

It creates a lot of possibilities.

So am I granted the questline?
12-31-2006, 12:26 AM,
RE: Main quest for Steadhelm.
The idea of thugs is cool, since doesn't Steadhelm have a refugee situation from the Oblivion Gates? There would probably be lots of rival gangs around-- it would be cool to help one of a few gangs gain dominance, or help the local law enforcement squash them.
12-31-2006, 01:02 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
The idea of thugs is cool, since doesn't Steadhelm have a refugee situation from the Oblivion Gates? There would probably be lots of rival gangs around-- it would be cool to help one of a few gangs gain dominance, or help the local law enforcement squash them.

I could probably include that in the start, but it's not really going to be about gang fighting it's going to be about the Imperial Legion (agents and blades aswell) vs Big gang and drug syndicate, atleast at the start, then it reaches the high parts of politics and you find out everyone is corruped, even the people who were watching the gangs (including the blade agents) so you go to Reich Parkeep and go get higher power and then you put Steadhelm under martial Law :bananarock:
12-31-2006, 10:37 AM,
So am I granted the questline?
Yes, have fun. Smile

A few remarks.
- The quest should comply to the remarks I made in the first post.
- I assume I'll have to implement the quest (second option) or not?
- The Reich Parkeep part has to be approved by Razorwing.
- If it's possible I would like to finish this quest asap.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-31-2006, 10:45 AM,

Sandor please, think about it!

You posted this thread yesterday and you grant the mainquest to the first one that comes around (no offence TOYB), wouldn't it be wiser to wait maybe a week before you do that, maybe somebody will come around with a better idea!

- EDIT - the first day of next year I'll turn in my idea
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-31-2006, 11:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
..wouldn't it be wiser to wait maybe a week before you do that,
I could have done that.

There are two reasons why I didn't.

The first.
There will be an open discussion and I like the idea of TOYB.
The quest progress will be posted in this thread, feel free to comment and give suggestions for additions. In that way the quality of the quest will improve.

The second.
I think it would be a good thing to have a playable quest in the next release.
If necessary, I'll take care of the technical implementation.

On the other hand I believe in democratic principles, so if other people have objections we could wait for a week, but no longer.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-31-2006, 04:56 PM,

Well, for one sandor: I'd like to (atleast) be able to post my ideas Wink
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-31-2006, 08:44 PM,
Random thought...
Rolled into this thread like a grenade: What would be required to script a crime family as a faction? Not a formal society like the DB or MT, but a joinable outfit modelled after that Orc outfit in Cheydinhal. TOYB's idea got me thinking about what would happen if the PC got in so deep that he started advancing in the family. From experience with my character in OB (now Gray Fox and Arch-Mage), the main issue might be how to keep the accumulated infamy from disrupting the play too much. After all, the PC should not be penalized TOO much for stuff that he's not caught doing, but certainly a whiff of what he's reputed to be doing should follow him around, like the TV show The Sopranos. If possible, that would add a neat twist to this quest; the PC could end up a Blade or a capo. Big Grin

Later,
Steve