Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main quest for Steadhelm.
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM,

I have no objections to the part of TOYB's quest draft that involves Reich Parkeep.

I like both quest draft lines, they are quite original in themselves and different in focus from one another Smile My impression while reading them is that Cuthalion's draft is more freeform and intellectual while TOYB's is more direct and action-oriented. I'm not trying to place any particular value on either approach over the other, just trying to say that they would appeal to different players. If they could somehow be woven together that might be a good thing, because then an action player could muddle through the intellectual quests knowing he'd get to off people soon enough while an intellectual player could autopilot in some sense through the action parts knowing he'd get mental stimulation in the next leg of the quest.

I'd have to remark that due to its freeform nature Cuthalion's draft would involve much, much more work on the part of the person modding it. The amount of dialogue that would need to be written seems staggering, and calls for both a great writer and imaginative mind. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems with that Cuthalion but if the dialogue had to be outsourced to someone else I fear there's a big chance it would come to a stop.

blue[/HR]

:alert:

TOYB's quest proposal has been archived, check this link.

sandor
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-10-2007, 11:56 PM,

Well, I've got a similar case for the Old Rats... quest, where I followed your advice to make it possible to completely solve the rat problem if the Fighters Guild quest was finished the short way. I suppose it is easier in some ways than this (mostly copying dialogue and journal entries to a new quest while referencing what was already done in the other one), but the key to a good mod is to never compromise what is more entertaining to the player with what is easier on the modder. Confusedhrug: At least I think I got my meaning through.
01-20-2007, 08:47 PM,

Chapter 5 added, lists updated.

BTW: I will add enough fighting, what I'm writing now is more like 'in the big lines'. I know that most people who will play Silgrad Tower will be actionjunkies, so I will oblige to the customers Wink
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-21-2007, 03:20 PM,

Thanks for your update. Smile

Chapter 1.
Could you write the first set of quest stages?
Could you post the final dialogue for the NPC's?

I already started with the mansion.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-21-2007, 03:39 PM,

Chapter 1 Scene 1: Steadhelm in uproar
Trigger: Unknown
Consequence: Rumors about a witch, an angry mob, etc..
Log: "Steadhelm is in uproar! They say there's a witch, and the word on the streets is the Imperials are going to give this witch to the angry mob. I should go and check out if these rumors are true. The Imperial Guard Captain should know more."
Dialogue:
- [Steadhelm people] Witch: "Yes, she killed more then ten people! She HAS TO BURN!"
- [Imperial Guards] Witch: "Yes, a woman has been arrested because of an, currently unkown, amount of murders. The Imperial Judges are currently deciding what to do with her."

Chapter 1 Scene 2: Talking to the guard captain
Trigger: Logentry 1
Consequence: New topic(Witchhunt) added to the guard captain's dialogue.
Log: "I've talked to the guard captain, he said this 'witch' has killed four men, who were found dead in Relvala Farethi's, the witch, house. The guard captain gave me permission to see her. I should go do that."
Dialogue:
- [Imperial Guard Captain] Witchhunt: "What? Yes, the witch, yes. Her name is Relvala Farethi. We're still in the proces of finding evidence. But when four men are found dead in your house, it's pretty obvious who did it. You can go see her if you like."

Chapter 1 Scene 3: Talking to Relvala Farethi
Trigger: Logentry 2
Consequence: The jailwarder will now let you to see Relvala Farethi. Relvala now has the topic "Witchhunt".
Log: "I've talked to Relvala, she wasn't really coherent but it seems she really didn't do it, she was very shocked. I should check out her house."
Dialogue:
- [Relvala Farethi] Witchhunt: "I? I have not... I have.. I just... I really did not kill those four men. I.... Amulet... Horrible... My house... Secret..."

---------------------

Is this good sandor?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Is this good sandor?
Perfect. Smile

For the first trigger I'll use an activator. The moment the player enters the square the log will be updated.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-17-2007, 11:35 AM,

Sorry I've had such a long 'off-time', I'll write the chapter 1&2 trigger-version somewhere this week....
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
02-17-2007, 04:53 PM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-14-2007, 08:15 AM,

@Cuthalion
Are you planning to continue with this quest?
If not, I'll ask bob196045 to start a new discussion.

It has to be finished within three weeks time and after that I need a few weeks to mod the quest. I want to include the main quest in the next public release.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM,

Roger that, I'll continue writing....

Chapter 6 added, Chapter 7 is the final showdown; Chapter 8 the aftermath....
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild