Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps
08-28-2006, 08:37 PM,
Maps
I decided to make maps... and they have taken a LONG time to make...
I had to make up a lot of names... so sorry about that...

[TITLE]Topographical Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmtopographyew4.jpg]
Topographical
Basically it gets lower as you go southeast, however the center is the lowest, the Murkwood area. Lilmoth is actually sorta low. Small elevated areas. I got those from the names of places like Rochguard and Rocksprings... indicating a quarry of sorta or at least where bare rock and sediments have built up.

[TITLE]Geographical Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmgeographicaltv5.jpg]
Geographical
This is roughly the geography of the Black marsh. Mostly swampy but there's coastal and foresty areas as well.

[TITLE]Regional Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmregional2gq8.jpg](click)
Regional
These are all the different regions of Black Marsh.

[TITLE]Districts Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmdistricts2yq6.jpg](click)
Districts

[TITLE]Settlements Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmtowns2mw2.jpg](click)
Settlements
I basically put in all foreign settlements, then added Sloughpoint, then I had Umpholo, Hixinoag, and Helstrom for native towns and none for Naga but I simply just used my awesome creativity Big Grin.

[TITLE]Tribal Territories Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmtribal2pf0.jpg](click)
Tribal Territories
The tribal territories shift quite a bit but stay in the same general area. The territories are somewhat reminiscent to the territories back when Ayleids, Velothi, Men, and Lilmothiit had holds in Black marsh. That is mainly because now instead of those, there are Cyrodiilics, Dunmer, and "civilized" Argonians controlling those areas, which are more hospitable. Each territory is ruled by the chief or shaman of each main village. Smaller villages exist but usually the tribesmen live a semi-nomadic life, thus the village is usually their only village and usually around the tribe's main hist tree.

[TITLE]Ruled Territories Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmrule2av7.jpg](click)
Ruled Territory
The Royal Court and the Archeins rule the red land. The Council of the Root rules the green. The Council really doesn't rule but is a mediator between tribal Argonians and the Royal Court and the Archeins. However they rarely contact and the Council meets rarely, only in wars or great disasters, or by the order of the Royal Clan, which does not occur often at all. Notice the Council of the Root doesn't actually hold sway over Naga territories and the Murkwood tribes simply have almost no contact with outsiders.

[TITLE]Extinct Territories Map[/TITLE]
[Image: bmexlandsoa4.jpg]
Extinct Territories
These territories are practically made-up, except Lilmothiit. The Lilmothiit had semi-permanent settlements around what is now Lilmoth and Blackrose and present day Marsh Cats live in the southern and western coast, so I placed their territory based on that. However I think Kothringi are eastern cause Scotti didn't see their ruins till he was in the east with the Agaceph Tribe. I guess we can use this to show where the ruins and stuff would be eh? I am thinking small groups of survivors remain. Like onthe Crimson Isle in a volcanic valley in the center of the isle maybe a small village of Kothringi still live. Maybe there is a place called Orma Cave where the last orma lives. Perhaps the Terpest live in tree-houses and stilt homes and there is one last hamlet. And maybe there is a small Harwalli camp hidden away somewhere?

[/hr]
These were my plans for the towns, but they will be explored in more detail another time...
for now, this is all that I will say about the settlements...

Foreign Settlements
Major
Stormhold, Gideon, Soulrest, Blackrose, Lilmoth, Archon, Thorn
Outposts
Sloughpoint, Rockspring, Greenspring, Alten Markmont, Seaspring, Greenglade
Forts
Rockguard, Moonmarch, Alten Corimont, Alten Meirhall, Riverwalk
Farms/Mines
Glenbridge, Stonewastes, Rockgrove, Rockpark, Branchgrove, Riverbridge, Seafalls, Chasecreek, Rockpoint
Towns
Chasepoint, Longmont, Tenmar Wall, Portdon, Branchmont

Argonian Settlements
Jungle
Kungumabog, Mungomog, Gan-Jugu, Pholmolo, Nu-tlak, Go-Ja-Morgoa
Coastal
Ixitoton, Asashpan, Da-Dou, Chot-Mut, Jayapak
Marsh
Helstrom, Hixinoag, Umpholo, Mulum, Okeen-Re, Unahatun, Hajnoag, Chimpalam, Ossassoit, Rathilnoag, Maupan, Bosojul, Gutam-Che, Tasijasal, Monago-Oag

Naga Settlements
Tul?X?che, Jastha, Kulu-Hees, Ukateki, X?kudu, Glok-chuba, Ju-heesh, Uxtun