Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marlay Faerntore's: The Price of Beauty (Lilmoth)
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM,
Marlay Faerntore's: The Price of Beauty (Lilmoth)
The PC is approached by a very ugly Breton and asked to help her with something.

Marlay Faerntore: You see my face? It is very ugly, yes? I was once beautiful. I was once so beautiful in fact the Duke of Vvardenfell asked me to marry him. I was so happy. But then I was cursed by a Necromancer. He gave me an ugly face. Now I have found you. You have strength. I want you to go and get my beauty back! He resides in an Ayleid ruin not to far north of here. He is in there with my beauty! Get it and return it to me.

Player: I will get you your beauty Marlay. OR: I am sorry but I have other issues at hand.

Marlay: If you chose A: Oh thank you! May Akatosh bless your kind soul!
If you chose B: But...But! How dare you? I come to you begging for mercy and you just me away! I will kill you in your sleep! This is not the last you will see of me.

The PC is now to go to to the Fort Hasorath and find the Necromancer. Once found he will speak to the Necromancer:

Necromancer: What are you doing here?

Player: I am here to get Marlay's beauty.

Necromancer: Oh! I see. Your another one of her poppets. Look I have it but I don't give beauty to anyone. You have to give me something. I would lie you to give me five sprigs of Bloodgrass. I just love to make Chameleon potions with them and sneak around Lilmoth doing all sorts of things!

After you buy them (as it is easiest) you return to the Fort and give him the Bloodgrass:

Necromancer: Oh thank you! I can't thank you enough. Here have the beauty. Just break the crystal ball and run through the smoke. Yay!

You take it back Marlay and she thanks you for your efforts and rewards you with a sword known as Sparksfire.
Marlay blows you a kiss and runs off. Blushing.
You are then approached by a Redgauard called Fansoe. She invites you to dinner with her at the Red Rocks Bistro.

Fansoe: Hello there. I'm Fansoe and I was wondering if you would join me at Red Rocks Bistro for some dinner at eight.

Player: Sure. I'd love to.

Fansoe" Great. I'll see you there.

*Later at eight o'clock*

Before you enter the restaurant Marlay speaks to you:

Marlay: Hello again. How are you?

Player: Good.

Marlay: As you can see I'm beautiful again. (Se looks like an ordinary Breton now. And not like Camilla) Um I.....I.....

Player: Yes?

Marlay: I would like to ask you to dinner. If you aren't doing anything at this diner I'd like to go here with you now.

"Player: Option A: I already have plans with another person. Option B: I am just passing through and I'm really tired.

Marlay (Both end the same and yes, if you choose a girl as your character, they will be lesbian): Oh! I'll go home to then. I might come in here later. I'll see you darling. (walks off)

You enter the diner and sit down with Fansoe. They tell you some boring crap about themselves and as you both quiet down (it only takes 2 minutes) you here
Malay: Darling! I'm doing this for us! Marlay fires a lightning bolt at Fansoe killing them.
You get up and attack Marlay but she is tough as hell! She has with her bandits who help her attack you.
Marlay (out of conversation): I knew you'd break my heart! These bandits will tear you to shreds. As I cannot harm you anymore.

You kill them all and the quest completes with:
Marlay believed I was in a relationship with her killed my date. I had no choice but to slay her.

P.S: I hope you like it. If you can add any ideas I would gladly accept any of them as I really believe in this quest. If you can make it funnier, action packed, or anything then it is, I would gladly accept it all. And feel free to rip it to shreds and bag the hell out f it as I would like to see what comments are in your brains.
badumpish
09-28-2010, 05:49 PM,

It could do with benefitting from a greater appreciation of the lore of Black Marsh. That's where the better ideas take their inspiration from. The dialogue would need to be polished up but, for the purposes of telling the story, it serves its purpose for now as a concept.

All stories have potential. It's a case of making it applicable to BM's character as a province. Lilmoth does appear in various areas of lore, however. That would be worth looking up.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM,

Yes thank you Iben. And I have uesed a bit of Lore i think. If I remember clearly one of you said that Necromancers were only heard of in the south of BM so I used that. it was originaly in Soulrest but then i changed it to Lilmoth for that resson. And I think al the dialouge needs polishing up on this. And all the other quests I have made up as I am writing a novel so I can stretch that out as long as I like well as here...not so much. Don't want to bore the player.
badumpish