Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max Netimmerse/Gamebyro Exporter Error. Splits Model
11-30-2009, 07:15 AM,
Max Netimmerse/Gamebyro Exporter Error. Splits Model
Thanks for answering my post. The title is pretty descriptive, and I've been trying to get past this one for four days now. It's playing hell with my group's project. So maybe I can get some aid here.

The error couldn't be more straightforward. Whenever I import or export from max, It cuts into and across the geometry based on the UV map boarders. Any sections with their own projection or separation will come out as if I used the cut tool rather then their original sewn forum. for example, it will cut across a torus as it if was a detachable or hollow cut ring across it's UV edge. This counts for vanilla oblivion meshes as well. The error came out of nowhere while working on a custom face mesh. And now applies to any and all meshes which go though the plug-in's pipeline.

I've tried different versions of the plug-in from early to later. what's bazaar is this problem persists across two different computers and two versions of max. 8 and 9. I've done everything short of re-install my copies of Max, but am starting to consider it. :bash: heh And Ideas what could be the cause? I can safely say it's not the nif files themselves. Either Max or the exporter is doing this.
11-30-2009, 01:01 PM,

I moved your post to the General ES Modding forum.

I'm not a Max user, but could you clarify what you mean? If you're saying that surfaces with different textures are being separated into different objects, that is perfectly normal... Oblivion needs to have different parts of a mesh separated if these parts are going to have different textures.
12-01-2009, 01:18 AM,

It doesn't separate the objects into sub objects. I know that's how it would normally work.

Got my terminology straight. It's creating double vertices along the UV boarders. Those boarders share the same Normal groups, so before they would remain wielded instead of splitting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46116838@N00/4148388893/

It's creating double verts along the edges of the Map. I tried a suggestion to collapse the verts as a poly object. But that was welded before the export and collapsing the vert on a re-imported surface doesn't stop the problem occurring on export. What's more, It was not doing this beforehand. Before it would cause double verts based on my smoothing groups, which was acceptable. To clarify, I'm using the Netimmerse/Gamebryo 3.3.0.4477.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46116838@N00/4149175992/
12-07-2009, 01:51 AM,

According to amorilia, this is a bug that's been around for a bit with the nif export tools. http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/vi...=22&t=2501

If it's a problem with the code, then it's one that will have to be fixed before I can proceed. I'm posting on the bug tracker for niftools. But any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.