Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Maybe) A very neat idea!
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM,
(Maybe) A very neat idea!
I have no idea how this would work out in reality but at least it sounded great in my head when I just thought of it...

We all know it's possible to export the models from morrowind and put them into oblivion, so, it should be possible to edit them in 3Ds max, blender or anything. That means we cna export the morrowind objects, import them into 3Ds Max and refine them to make them look better, it would be very close to the original objects this way and better looking than the originals!

The textures would still be needed to change....

Well, is the idea hot or not?
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
08-05-2006, 01:51 PM,
RE: (Maybe) A very neat idea!
Not. This has actually been discussed before. It would be nice to do it, but technichally, even editing a model doesn't change the fact that it's not yours. It would still be a Morrowind asset, thus making us unable to use it.

Right now, we're importing models into max as reference and working to duplicate or enhance them as a new model. That is the closest we can do, and in my personal opinion the better of the choices. Wink
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM,

And I looked at a bunch of the morrowind models, and they are quite simplistic without texture, the textures are what give them definition. We could do better
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM,

The poly count couldn't go as high back then. Lets just say that the dwemer towers were supposed to be round.....
Lol what?
08-05-2006, 10:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
The poly count couldn't go as high back then. Lets just say that the dwemer towers were supposed to be round.....

I thought they were ?(
08-05-2006, 10:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari

I thought they were ?(
Maybe if "round" can mean "a very pointy line or shape that remotely resembles curvature".
08-05-2006, 10:28 PM,

The towers were barely round. If you look very closely in this pic you can see that the towers have about 10-12 easily visible sides. Tribunal and bloodmoon were better, tribunal had many round objects, like the domes on houses, and in bloodmoon they upgraded to .dds format. They used to use .tga.
Lol what?
08-05-2006, 11:08 PM,

The towers were barely round. If you look very closely in this pic you can see that the towers have about 10-12 easily visible sides. Tribunal and Bloodmoon were better, Tribunal had many round objects, like the domes on houses, and in Bloodmoon they upgraded to .dds format. They used to use .tga.

Oh yeah, now I remember :goodjob:
08-05-2006, 11:10 PM,

That is why using custom models is both within the law and more visually appealing.
Lol what?
08-06-2006, 12:16 AM,
RE: (Maybe) A very neat idea!
Besides, you can always import both a mesh you made yourself and the mesh of an object from Morrowind into the same 3D program (for comparison's sake, to make sure you have the same general style, shape, and proportions and stay true to the original).