Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe there should be some more questions?
12-24-2005, 01:01 AM,
Maybe there should be some more questions?
Hello, most of you probably have never heard of me. That's fine. I was just looking around on the Elder Scrolls forums, found out about this, and my interest grew. So I'm here to offer some suggestions.

Since the Nerevarine IS going to be in, maybe one of the questions should be along the lines of "What Great House did you join in Morrowind?"

Whichever the player chooses, the Nerevarine becomes Grandmaster/Archmaster/Archmagister of, and the new one (Raynasa Rethan, Lord Uvirith, Venim's son) dissapears. Also, Raynasa Rethan should not even be there. If the player did not join a Great House, sure she should, but if the player DID, then she's dead.

Just trying to make everything lore-friendly.

EDIT: Bah. I also would like to point out something. Oblivion is 15 years after the events of Morrowind.
SkyShadowing

Interior Modder for Tamriel Rebuilt
12-24-2005, 02:09 AM,

Ok, first off, welcome. We can always use more feedback, and if your interesting in joining our little project go ahead and post some information about yourself in the stickied thread at the top. Now on to your post.

Well, the questioning of the PC when he first comes to Vvardenfell through Vivec's invitation is going to be a little more puzzling and unobtrusive. But with the Great Houses anyways, though. I believe we're going to make so that the Nerevarine isn't a part of any of the Great Houses. I think we're just going to get the basic information on race, gender and such and then use that to the effect that we need. We are trying to keep things as authentic and correct, lore-wise, as possible, but some things will be just too difficult to implement with the storyline we have in mind.

Oh and not to condradict you (but I guess I will), but it hasn't been 15 years, it's only been 6. Morrowind started in 3E 427, and Oblivion starts in 3E 433.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-24-2005, 02:45 AM,

This mod is alredy enough politicaly and moraly complicated as it is. Big Grin
No seriously, Nerevarine resigned all his position, I believe, after becoming Nerevarine.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-24-2005, 05:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
This mod is alredy enough politicaly and moraly complicated as it is. Big Grin
No seriously, Nerevarine resigned all his position, I believe, after becoming Nerevarine.
:yes:

He is no longer the Hortator of the Great Houses, as that is only a position that is there during war times. And he couldn't possibly be expected to stay the head of any of the Great Houses, not if s/he wanted to be known as a leader of all the Dunmer (he couldn't choice sides like that). He is still the hed of all the ashlander tribes though.

You should go read this thread for a better idea of what we have in mind for the Nerevarine. :goodjob:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
12-24-2005, 07:36 PM,

I think thathe no longer has any choice. The river of Ashlanders caries him now. Comparable to Paul Muad'Dib in Dune.
12-24-2005, 08:18 PM,

i never got into dune, but i do agree with ixidors bane as to the nature of the role the nerevarine :goodjob:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-24-2005, 10:45 PM,

I agree with him too, this was just a comparison on my side. Smile
12-24-2005, 11:12 PM,

Paul Muad'Dib is actually a good comparison to the Nerevarine! Nice one. :goodjob:
-
12-24-2005, 11:20 PM,

Thanks. Smile
Can you remember of anyone else comparable to Nerevarine?
12-24-2005, 11:23 PM,

Well the idea does follow a lot of fantasy storylines. Richard Rahl in the Sword of Truth novels get thrown into a leadership position without wanting it, as does Rand Al'Thor in the Wheel of Time series, as does Robb Stark in a Song of Ice and Fire series. And those are just the most recent ones that I've read lately.

As you can see, it's a very popular concept.
-