Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miliin and its Mine
03-30-2011, 01:10 PM,
Miliin and its Mine

Miliin's old silver mine was abandoned as worked out around 40 years ago. Most of the town's buildings were abandoned, leaving the odd few old-timers who refused to move on.

Two years ago the land around the mine was purchased [insert pretext here] from Rimmen by a Breton lord [insert name here] out from High Rock. His agents had previously investigated the abandoned mine secretly and found a cave-in had revealed a good quality fresh seam. Shortly after acquiring the land, Lord Insertnamehere conspicuously ordered a "new" survey of the mine and was "delighted to discover" his good fortune in the mine's changed prospects. He appointed a new mine manager who set about recruiting a labour force.

This has resulted in a complex political situation. The Rimmen government has realised its error in unconditionally selling the land to Lord Insertnamehere and seeks a pretext for rescinding the sale, re-acquiring the mine, or at least imposing a levy on the extracted silver. The authorities of Elsweyr choose to see the mine as being part of Elsweyr now that it is no longer owned by Rimmen, and therefore subject to Confederacy taxation.

Miliin has attracted more people - mainly foreigners who aren't Khajiiti or "Rim Men": Imperials, Bretons, and Dunmer, people with more background working in mines. Consequently there's unrest in the town because they don't really want to be under control by either Rimmen or Elsweyr sovereignty.

Miliin is now somewhat frontier like, fitting in with TOYB's Saloon architecture and western-esque atmosphere (but with it's own flavour/culture)

The Saloon set should be available in release 0-01-06 at the start of April.

The mine itself consists of at least two sections: the extensive old workings, which will be largely abandoned apart from the direct path between the entrance and the new shaft, which will be full of supplies, tools, carts and so on. There should be clear evidence of a cave-in, and probably ladders and walkways down to the second, active mining operation with winches and hoists being set up to raise the ore. At the lower level will be a second supply area and more tools and carts.

Use the EC Sand Cave set and EC-specific winches, hoists, tools and carts which should all be available from release 0-01-06.

There should be minimal creature activity, although the older abandoned workings should have shafts (apparantly) to the open air and should be inhabited by bats. Mr Siika's bats are [to be] included in the mod. A few rats never go amiss, either.

----------------
Setting worked out by TOYB & Morcroft - Please put any ideas for expanding this and for specific misc quests related to this scenario in this thread. I'll put up specific claims for the mine and the town separately.
Morcroft Darkes
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM,
RE: Miliin and its Mine
The smugglers' trail now leads from Miliin down to the creek behind Bravil.

I don't intend to do a complete work-up of Miliin - just enough to make a town of it. In fact, I think I'm going to make the town before the mine re-opens as described in the OP - two or three shacks, and no saloons - or maybe just one. If we get a chance to expand the mod and open up the mine storyline then the town can grow to match.
Morcroft Darkes