Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum requirements for a new mod forum
03-12-2010, 08:48 PM,
Minimum requirements for a new mod forum
We are still fine tuning this process and I'm sure the other team leaders will be adding to this as well.

The bare minimum for a new mod forum to be hosted are the following:

1. A detailed plan of action. This includes what the goals of the mod are and how the resources the team has are being used to accomplish these goals.

2. A height map and an ordinary map showing locations of villages, dungeons, etc.

3. New models in progress. This means there should be more than one and preferably several.

4. Credibility:

What kind of history do the leaders have with completing projects and following through on commitments. Have you taken on any assignments with other projects and how well have you finished them?

The less reliable you have shown yourself to be, the harder it will be to pass a credibility test.

The opposite is also true. If you show yourself to be reliable and dependable and also take initiative in completing assignments you take on, the easier it will be to pass this test.
03-12-2010, 10:06 PM,

I have all of this except a regular map. (I could just use the bland official Summerset map as a placeholder.) So what now? Who needs to see it?
EDIT: Ahh, I just saw your PM.
03-12-2010, 11:04 PM,

If you have all of the above we would like to see screens of it all in your thread. The map would need to have all the dungeons and locations you plan to include on it. Preferably it should be in-game.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-13-2010, 12:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
If you have all of the above we would like to see screens of it all in your thread. The map would need to have all the dungeons and locations you plan to include on it. Preferably it should be in-game.
Actually, i just realized I cant use the original map, since it wouldnt fit in with the Cyrodiil map. But I have everything else,
im using onra's heightmap, she was partly helping out with the project,
My plan of action is to retexture the telvanni tileset for Skywatch, retexture and use entirely jnew meshes for Firsthold, then work on interiors and cluttering them. Then NPC's will be added, and finally dungeons. Quests will be included when everything else is done.
Thats the very basic gameplan for the eastern island, which is what comes first.
Trandoshan is working on models for Firsthold, you can see screens in the Bethsoft thread.
Thats just the basic outline of the requirements. I' would go into more detail, but I don't know if you want me to yet.
03-13-2010, 07:37 AM,

so thats all you need a map you can find them everywhere .
03-13-2010, 08:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by black marsh modder
Not really of Summerset SIles. Plus, since its based on onra's heightmap, then it will have to work with the Cyrodiil map, so it would have to be extended quite a bit, openingup the option for an entire Tamriel map. Which I threw together a quick and crappy rough draft for.
NOTE: I will not use this in the mod since I dont have permission to use the maps, and we will be making our own. This is simply a draft to get a feel for it.
03-13-2010, 08:46 PM,

Another element that is always considered in applications for new forums is credibility.

If the person proposing a new forum has worked on other projects here and failed to complete those projects, the project will have a much higher hurdle to leap over to get accepted.
03-13-2010, 09:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Another element that is always considered in applications for new forums is credibility.

If the person proposing a new forum has worked on other projects here and failed to complete those projects, the project will have a much higher hurdle to leap over to get accepted.
Thats always a good one.
03-14-2010, 11:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by GOOGLEPOX
Quote:Originally posted by black marsh modder
Not really of Summerset SIles. Plus, since its based on onra's heightmap, then it will have to work with the Cyrodiil map, so it would have to be extended quite a bit, openingup the option for an entire Tamriel map. Which I threw together a quick and crappy rough draft for.
NOTE: I will not use this in the mod since I dont have permission to use the maps, and we will be making our own. This is simply a draft to get a feel for it.

TR has or used to have a map where Hammerfell and Cyrodill are combined without any seam.
I' won't upload it, because I don't know if I'm allowed and how Lady N will react.
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM,

i'm fine with you showing the map, and using it in a composite. however, you have to credit TR and Noirgrim (the map's creator) in a readme, and make sure that anyone who uses your map also credits them. I'm also pretty sure that it won't fit Onra's heightmap.

i actually have a map of cyrodiil, hammerfell, highrock, elsweyr (based on Illiana's) and a solid chunk of summurset. I can post it when i get home, it should be a good base for a Tamriel wide world map, although it won't fit Onra's heightmap.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era