Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc Items in ST: Oblivion - Beer Bottles (I)
07-31-2005, 02:31 PM,
Misc Items in ST: Oblivion - Beer Bottles (I)
This collection features eleven authentic beer bottles made by "acs" (no further details are given in the download). They're not from the perhaps more famous "Beer!" mod. While the brands exist in our world, I don't think they look too out of place in an Elder Scrolls setting, perhaps as beverages in Imperial surroundings. But if someone feels they break immersion then it can certainly be discussed. The labels come as .dds textures included in respective archive, and so should be easy enough to modify if someone wants to make the labels more Elder Scrolls-like. The bottles lack corks as well, so I should look into making some, particularly because it looks weird if you look down the nossle as it's transparant on the inside. They're meant to be placed standing up, as the label tiles on the bottom in a bad way.

The bottles use two textures from Morrowind; [Tx_glass_bottle_brown_01.tga] and [Tx_glass_bottle_green_01.tga] . If someone knows of a replacement texture we could use, not made by Bethesda, please mention it. Apart from being somewhat more legal, I'm sure it'd look better as well.

Cheers! :cheers: Wink

[Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_Duvel.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_Hoegaarden.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_HoegaardenGC.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_HoegaardenWB.jpg]

[Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_KasteelDonker.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_KasteelTripel.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_LaChouffe.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_McChouffe.jpg]

[Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_OldStyle.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_Steendonk.jpg] [Image: thumb_Bottle_Beer_VerbodenVrucht.jpg]

Download:
Duvel
Hoegaarden
Hoegaarden GC
Hoegaarden WB
Kasteel Donker
Kasteel Tripel
LaChouffe
McChouffe
Old Style
Steendonk
Verboden Vrucht
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM,

Hmmm ... I'm not sure about these. I think I prefer something more genuine and made by one - or more - of our community. I don't see a problem of making a new texture for the bottle or for the label.

Hehe, there is a Belgium beer called 'Delirium tremens' which has pink elephants and white mice on its label and I just thought how funny it would be to have a 'Pink Guar' brew.

So, I like the idea of having new bottles, but I rather make them myself.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM,
Misc Items in ST: Oblivion - Beer Bottles (II)
And here are the beer bottles from the "Beer!" mod. They seem to have some kind of connection to Necessities of Morrowind, which I might check into, but the models themselves are pretty straightforward. To me personally it'd be cool to see the "acs" bottles above used for Imperial locales and the "NOM" bottles used for Dunmer locales. What do you others think?

If you like a bottle in the collection below, take the opportunity to claim a name for it. They don't have any names in regards to ST, so if you want to mod a brewery for ST: Oblivion, this might be the first stepping stone.

The images in the attached screenshot below show the bottles in numerical order from left to right. Bottle 1-6 on the top row, bottle 7-11 on the lower.

Download:
NOM Beer #1
NOM Beer #2
NOM Beer #3
NOM Beer #4
NOM Beer #5
NOM Beer #6
NOM Beer #7
NOM Beer #8
NOM Beer #9
NOM Beer #10
NOM Beer #11
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-31-2005, 04:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Hmmm ... I'm not sure about these. I think I prefer something more genuine and made by one - or more - of our community. I don't see a problem of making a new texture for the bottle or for the label.

Hehe, there is a Belgium beer called 'Delirium tremens' which has pink elephants and white mice on its label and I just thought how funny it would be to have a 'Pink Guar' brew.

So, I like the idea of having new bottles, but I rather make them myself.

Greetings

Quentin

Okay. Looking forward to them :elk:
Angel mired in filth