Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Tang Mo side quests.
09-16-2006, 11:47 PM,
Misc. Tang Mo side quests.
1. 1: What it is: (Cog's first side quest post)

You?re in the Capital City of the Tang Mo, Bu?Po. After you conversation with the Nerevarine, you have been given free reign within the city while before you going to meet your contact with the Tang Mo. As you wander, you decide to visit one of the many taverns that dot the streets. You decide upon the one called the Lantern in the Tower, complete with a picture of a dark tower and a single lamp gazing out from it. The door, a large, oak construction scarred with many years of use and abuse, creaks slowly inwards into the smoky antechamber. Two men, sit in chairs, smoking cigars and reading the publishing sheets while a doorman guarded the inner chamber where the booze is served. A large sign poster next to the inner door displays a message in bright red letter:
?No Deadly Weapons: Use the Grandma Test!?
You walk up to the doorman, who greets you with a noncommittal glance. He seems to be uncomfortable. You ask what the Grandma test is.
Uncomfortable Doorman: ?*Sigh*?okay, here it is. The Grandma Test: Take the weapon- and hit your grandma with it. If she dies, it?s not okay. All weapons that are not okay include, but are not limited to; Swords, Axes, Knives, Bows, Picks, Spears, Bricks, Shovels, Sticks, Chickens, Pictures of Vivec, some Hats, and various and miscellaneous scribal paraphernalia.?
After this speech, you deposit all of your weapons with the doorman, and enter the bar proper. Inside, it is remarkably bar for such a stringent door policy, loud with customers and a little dark, but clean and well stocked. The patrons, almost overwhelmingly Tang-Mo, seem to be the respectable sort of patrons, most of them obviously just blowing off steam from their day off work. You sadden, thinking that you?ve chosen a boring and uninteresting bar; until you spot the man in the corner- he?s staring at you with eyes that glint in the lantern light. You order a mug of the local brew, an incredibly strong drink that reminds you strongly of the Sujumma that you tried once, and pull up a seat next to the mysterious stranger. He glances away from you as soon as he notices you approach. Curious, you initiate conversation, and introduce yourself. He glances at you, finally, and growls at you, a sibilant, yet rough voice that reminds you of a Kahjiit with laryngitis.
?Keep sitting there and I?ll cut out your throat, %pcrace.?
Unintimidated, you remind him of the grandma rule in place. The Kahjiit-thing chuckles and pulls out a dagger.
?My grandmother once took a fireball to the head standing, and survived. That was last Tuesday.?
You stare blankly. You feel a small tugging at the corner of your mouth.
?We take things very literally in Akavir?
You laugh, and offer him a mug of the local beer. He stares at you for a moment, and nods.
?Your offer is kind. Perhaps I will refrain from removing your throat. For the Moment.?
You laugh, amused at this fellows cheek, and give him a mug of the beer. You holler for another at the barkeep, who begins to make your drink. You turn, and ask the fellow his name.
?Uken is my name.? He takes a slow drink, watching you the entire time. You grab your mug from the waiting barkeep, and take a long swallow of the potent brew. Wiping your mouth, you ask him what brings him to Bu?Po.
?My business is my own.?
A silence settles around you. You take a drink to mask your awkwardness, and proceed to tell him your story, about how you saved Tamriel from Oblivion, and came to Bu?Po to find the Nerevarine and check upon the Imperial Expedition. You stammer some, and slur some of your works, the powerful intoxicant starting to affect you. Uken takes your story in blankly, then laughs under his breath, a low, rough hissing. You ask if he doesn?t believe you.
?No. A story that grand? From a stranger who hangs around in bars? If you?re so great, why aren?t you drinking in the palace, and dining with the Emperor regent and being served grapes by the Nerevarine? Fool. You are a liar- I will fight you, because you are a liar.? He beings to reach for the dagger in his belt.
A little offended, and a little drunk, you act somewhat rash- instead of running, like you should, you punch him straight in the nose. He goes down, catching himself on his hands, then kicks the table on to you. The others patrons start running towards the exits- the barkeep reaches below the bar, obviously fumbling for club of some sort. The Kahjiit-thing, pissed off, growls at you, and even in your drunken state, you realize you might have done the wrong thing- those are some wicked fangs. White, glittering, and already covered in froth, they looked able to take off a finger as easy as bite off a piece of steak. The dagger gleaming duskily in the lamplight didn?t look good either. Considering your options, you (Insert preferred style of fighting).
Leaning over the body of your dead foe, you notice a small, gleaming ring on his right hand. You pick it up, feeling the magicka that obviously imbues it, and head for the exit, hoping to reclaim you weapons and equipment before the death is reported
09-17-2006, 01:38 AM,

This was the last of the side quests Cog had posted on the old forum.

Anybody remember that post by Jilgradik about the Shark eating that one dude? No? Well, by popular demand, here it is, in Side-Quest form. As always, all previous rules apply.

We?re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

It?s an average day in Bu?Po. While walking around the city, you are suddenly stopped by a old Tang Mo woman, who is sobbing uncontrollably. You calm her down, and ask her what her problem is.
Unconsolable Grandmother: My grandson, Ish Jusi, has gone missing! He went to the beach the other day to meet a friend, and I haven?t seen him since?
Puzzled, you comfort the grandmother, and tell her that if you see him, you?ll let him know that she was looking for him. Besides, you think to yourself, a walk on the beach might be nice.
Whilst walking the pristine sands, you notice that not a soul is in sight. Puzzled, you continue your walk, enjoying the day.
After your relaxing walk, you find that you have almost walked half the island, and are now approaching the other side. All day, you haven?t seen one solitary person on the beach. You begin to wonder why. As you are enjoying the scenery, you see a solitary hut on the horizon, with a dock and a small boat. Bored, you decide to see if anybody?s home?
As you walk up to the door, you hear an incredible raucous noise coming form the inside. After listening for a few moments, you realize that it is somebody singing. And they really shouldn?t be. IT sounds terrible. As you reach for the knob to the door, it bursts open, and the craziest Tang Mo you have ever seen is staring down at your sprawled body, clenching a pipe between his yellow teeth. His hair is wild, and he is wearing an old-style captain?s coat, white pants, and his eyes are wild. His voice is rough, and his syllables roll like the waves on the sea.
?Eh? What?re you doing here, Milad! Wasting away your life watching old Quinn in his shack eh? Stowaway on land, are ye? Get up, you cur, help me pack the boat! We gots sharks in the water, and its a time for old Quinn to go hunting again! Ha HA!?
He takes his rough hand and pulls you up forcibly to your feet, and pushes you into his hut. Scattered about are various fishing implements, nets, and lots of harpoons and big hooks. He hands you a stack of nets and sails and pushes you back out of the cabin.
?Put those on the boat, me lad, and come back for the next load! Old Quinn is fishing for the great white one today!?
Somewhat frightened by what is obviously a seriously deranged man, you do as he asks. Soon, the boat is filled, and ready to sail. As he has been ranting off and on for a while, you hunker down and hope that he does not notice you. Maybe he will sail away and leave you alone.
No such luck.
?On me boat, landlubber, and be quick about it! The light is burning away, and we?re here to kill the great white! Don?t want to be in the water at night while the sharks are a-playing!?
You dutifully board the vessel. Thankfully, he rigs the sails himself, and soon, you?re off sailing the blue seas. The weather that day is clear, so the seas are nice and calm. You sit down on the deck, and watch the wind, the waves, and the sky. This is somewhat better than walking on the beach, you think.
A few hours later, you begin to curse ever running into that grandmother. You haven?t been this bored since escaping the dungeons beneath the Imperial Palace. As you scan the water for the hundredth time, however, you can see a large, dark shape beneath the waves. You motion to Quinn. When he doesn?t respond, you turn around. He is singing raucously, and no longer seems to be steering the boat. He might be more deranged than you thought.
The shape seems to be following the boat. You holler at Quinn, but he is still singing to loud for him to hear you, and probably too insane to care. Looking back at the shape, you now see the dorsal fin of a shark sliding up out of the water. You frantically try and get Quinn?s attention, but he?s still off in his own world. Thankfully, you (A: know magic or B: brought a bow with you), and begin to hurl the deadly projectiles at the shark. It?s no use, and it rams the boat, breaking part of the hull. Water starts pouring in, and now Quinn seems to have finally snapped out of it. Too little too late. He?s sliding down the deck toward his certain watery doom, and things don?t look too good for you either. The boat is sinking fast, and the shark is circling round again. You curse, and begin to climb the sail mast.
About the time you reach the top of the mast, the shark reaches the boat again, and you hear Quinn start to scream. You look down as he is devoured. His screams are chilling. Shuddering, you take aim again. The shark is swimming away, but you start firing anyway. After several direct hits, the shark starts to flounder, and then it begins to sink. You breathe a sigh of relief, and let yourself relax. The boat slowly sinks into the water.
You swim over the remains of the shark. For some reason, you have the strange desire to see the remains. You take a deep breath and plunge into the water, the dead body of the shark is easily visible through the clear water. Upon examination, the belly of the shark has been split open by your attacks! You can see the various body parts of those it has eaten, including the fresh limbs and the hat that Quinn was wearing. Among some of the gore, you see a small amulet gleaming. Taking it, you find the name ?Ish Jusi? written upon it in small letters. That was the name of that poor grandmother?s son! You swim to the surface for air, and prepare yourself to give her news of her grandson.
Inconsolable, you can?t get anything but sobs and the occasional gasp for air from the grandmother. She walks away, without even saying thank you. You yell at her, asking if she wants the amulet. She doesn?t even turn. You mutter, and tuck the amulet into your pocket. Maybe you can sell it or something. It seems to have some sort of magicka about it, anyway.
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM,

After exploring the wilderness for a while, you come across a village which looks deserted... except for one person. You walk up to that person, asking him what happened. He looks up at you, looks at you for a while, and tells you the story of the dragon.
"About a month ago, my village was ransacked by a black dragon. It was about the size of my house, I tell you. Anyway, it came from the west. It's winds made a loud, flapping noise - woke up many of us during the night. It had a few goblins with it. I think it came from the fort that was destroyed about two months ago by the goblins. It's said they found a dragon egg inside, which they hatched. The dragon probably grew until it was big enough to destroy this place. The fort was an old Akaviri stronghold. It had many soldiers inside. How could they not have defeated the few goblins?"
Listening to the man, you can almost tell waht he will ask you. Getting quite bored of his story, you ask him,
"So you want me to avenge the deaths of your villagers?"
The man looks up at you again, and nods his head. You say goodbye to him, and start adventuring to the west.
After about a 3 hours' walk, you see a burning fort. You get closer, and realize that this is probably the fort the villageer was speaking of. You enter, and find the place badly damaged. There are many goblins inside, but you can kill them easily. After venturing deep into the rubble, you find a door. You open it slowly, and it locks behind you. You have found the dragon.
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
01-13-2008, 12:19 AM,
RE: Misc. Tang Mo side quests.
even if the ra'mon are not aquatic perhaps swimming is central to their culture and there is a swimming competition in an arena format. you need to swim from one island to another and grab a flag or somthing. each time you win you are paid and can race the next level competitor(another monkey with 10 more athletics than the last one) when you reach the end (10 monkeys in all) you get an amulet called soul of jo'mon 25 + athletics and water breathing]

what do you think Big Grin
01-13-2008, 04:07 AM,
RE: Misc. Tang Mo side quests.
Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer
even if the ra'mon are not aquatic perhaps swimming is central to their culture and there is a swimming competition in an arena format. you need to swim from one island to another and grab a flag or somthing. each time you win you are paid and can race the next level competitor(another monkey with 10 more athletics than the last one) when you reach the end (10 monkeys in all) you get an amulet called soul of jo'mon 25 + athletics and water breathing]

what do you think Big Grin

I think that's a great idea :goodjob:
It's the perfect "arena fight" replacement for these peace and fun loving creatures =)
Akavir mod leader.