Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modders' abbrevations
07-25-2005, 05:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Well, a while ago Cenobite Called me, 'DE', so I guess those be mine.

Ed.Rw: Added :check:
You're welcome. I am always looking for shortcuts when talking to my fellow modders.

What is the purpose of this list?

I can almost fully mod... Just need to learn scripting. I think we ot the order of the 'You're welcome' and the 'Thank you' wrong. Big Grin
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
07-25-2005, 08:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
We introduced that system quite early, end of 2002 I think, and it worked well.

Greetings

Quentin

As far as I recall the group was still undecided what abbreviation system to use when I joined in March 2004. I have a hazy memory of myself pushing for the group to go with [sltw_XX_]. I?ll do an archive search later on and see what I come up with Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-06-2005, 08:48 AM,

can I be cheeky and ask for three letters? In the naming system which you use (and which, incidentally, I brought into use on TR back in the day, heheh Tongue) I use the abbreviation 1ke.

and of course you use sltw, we used tr. and AFAIK it was about March that it was brought in.
Things get hot when there's an Inferno str1ke

Back from outer space.
08-06-2005, 10:00 AM,

March is right, methinks ... now it's time for the correct year Big Grin

But why do you ask for three letters when you need just two ... '1' is still a digit, isn't it? Wink

Alright, for the man who makes it hot ... added to the list.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-07-2005, 11:12 AM,

It's fine for Silgrad Tower: Morrowind I think, but for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion I would like to suggest that you use an abbreviation with two digits. I'm sure "IS" will be available for the next incarnation of our world, in case you want that (seems logical to me). Anything on two digits is fine. There's been a sliding of the convention rule in the Morrowind mod, and as I'm by no means innocent I personally don't think I'm the one to tell others how to use the convention, but Oblivion brings the opportunity for a fresh and ordered start.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-12-2006, 04:38 PM,

If you all teach, I'll learn Wink

Edit: With this I mean I want to be on the ob list :bananarock:
Sorry for the pain in the --- I am Big Grin
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)
01-16-2006, 09:59 PM,

I'll be CS.
01-16-2006, 10:28 PM,

added:

CS - Caligula Superfly
DW - dwemet lizard
RO - Rodan (unless you want something else, that is)

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
01-16-2006, 11:15 PM,

I'm curious, how long after release will a modder have to make use of his claimed abbreviation? Because I looked at the list and noticed a handful of people I seriously doubt will ever come back.
Angel mired in filth
01-16-2006, 11:28 PM,

Actually I would prefer BL for Blacklight.
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )