Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modders' abbreviations
01-25-2011, 03:46 AM,

Dear Sandor;
Could I please have DDD as I think three letters was alright for some people?

Yours DSincerely;
DDD (hopefully =)
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-25-2011, 08:54 AM,
RE: Abbreviation
Quote:Originally posted by nightlithium
[...snip...]
Working on:

Skinning (armor) since there are not niftools plugins for 3ds max 2010 (yet) I've got to go through a... 'differently abled' workflow.
Animating (hard to export working animations without the necessary plugins)
Random other things (shaders~? getting more havok integration like breakaparts etc. into the game...)
Extraneous tools (3dsmax plugins, batch files to simplify installation of different components -like the plugins- etc)[...snip...]

Actually, there is a Niftools version for Max 2010:

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/vi...=20&t=2205

It was not released publically, and is considered a "pre-release" version. Niftools team then ended up with no one to help continue working on the Max Niftools utility for the various Max versions, so they've never made a proper "for public release" version to offer in the regular download section where all the other Max niftool versions are downloadable.

Since this is a pre-release version, you very likely might come across some bugs and such. So keep that in mind if you decide to use it.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-25-2011, 08:59 AM,

I have used it myself and report no serious bugs so far. My use of it has been limited though, but it seems fairly stable.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM,
Pre-release
Quote: Actually, there is a Niftools version for Max 2010:

<a href="http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2205" target="_blank" style="border-bottom-width: 1px">[color=rgb(55, 69, 89)]http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/vi...php?f=20&t=2205[/color]

It was not released publically, and is considered a "pre-release" version. Niftools team then ended up with no one to help continue working on the Max Niftools utility for the various Max versions, so they've never made a proper "for public release" version to offer in the regular download section where all the other Max niftool versions are downloadable.

Since this is a pre-release version, you very likely might come across some bugs and such. So keep that in mind if you decide to use it.

Koniption

Guess I should've specified I was looking for a stable release... but yah, that's what I've been using thus far, don't get me wrong, works great for the basics, but scrambles all the headers when I export the things on the bottom of that list (meshes with the skin modifier (IK solver issue, very strange) and animations (get completely jumbled)) Workaround I've found is exporting to a complete format, then importing into blender, then saving again and using the nif plugins there. However, blender is a far cry from 3dsmax, I'd prefer to stay away from it altogether... here's hoping niftools picks back up Big Grin
If you hate things that tell you to put them in your sigggy, feel free to not put this in your signature.
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM,
RE: Pre-release
We use a two letter abbrev. system so I hope DD is alright.

Welcome to Silgrad Tower! Smile

EDIT
nightlithium, welcome as well! Smile
I was pressed for time, TID added the ID.

blue[/HR]

:alert: 01.02.11

Abbrev. removed as per his request (PM 27.01.11), he's going to mod for BC.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-25-2011, 02:47 PM,

Hey nightlithium, I'll add XX to the list. Smile

Welcome both of you!!
:wave::wave:
01-27-2011, 02:02 AM,
RE: Pre-release
Ibsen gave me the same one so it should all be good. I am fine with that.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-31-2011, 03:01 AM,

I would like to grab SI, if you don't mind.

(S4 would be the obvious choice, but that one is taken Tongue.)
01-31-2011, 04:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sniper4
I would like to grab SI, if you don't mind.

(S4 would be the obvious choice, but that one is taken Tongue.)
Done. :check:

Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Sniper4! Big Grin

:wave:
06-06-2011, 09:22 AM,

A humble request, could I join as JB?