Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modding for Silgrad Tower
06-22-2005, 07:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
On the Telvanni Tower - Can you attach two screenshots of it from the outside?

Here they are (ok, more than two):

one, two, three and four
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM,

Thanks a lot for posting them, Nerevarine ... I kind of forgot about them Blush or rather somehow lost the respective note ... *sigh*

One thing about it: I found a file on my harddisk 'Telvanni Councillor's home', but haven't checked it so far. Does anyone remember, if the pod south of Silgrad was home of the Telvanni councillor?

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Thanks a lot for posting them, Nerevarine ... I kind of forgot about them Blush or rather somehow lost the respective note ... *sigh*

One thing about it: I found a file on my harddisk 'Telvanni Councillor's home', but haven't checked it so far. Does anyone remember, if the pod south of Silgrad was home of the Telvanni councillor?

Greetings

Quentin

Yes, that's the one.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM,

Great, so we might have one thing off the list. Smile

Edit: Hmmm ... I had a look at it and ... it's only halfway done. But I like what I've seen.

So, if somebody wants to volunteer for detailing and finishing this interior, I'll load up the interior. I hope you'll understand that I'll wait until I find someone who's willing to do the job.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-23-2005, 03:03 AM,

Quentin: It might be a good idea if you uploaded the Telvanni WIP you have on your computer, so it can be checked out? That way a prospective modder can determine how much work is left to be done with the interior. Just a suggestion.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-23-2005, 05:45 AM,

There's wisdom in your words ...

Greetings

Quentin
07-09-2005, 07:54 AM,
Offering services
Greetings all,

I have recently taken a look at the modder circles and have decided Id like to take part in a worthy project. I have completed past projects ranging from a few weeks to an ongoing project Ive spent roughly 840 hours on thus far. I would very much like to take on something new as my current project is near completion. Im a perfectionist at heart and have a keen eye for detail. Im proficient in adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator and have general skills in the TES Construction Set program.

I would very much like to offer my services regarding:

- interior cells (i.e. decoration, concepts and construction of)
- design concepts

Due to insufficiencies in skill / unavailability of software I am unable to assist in:

- 3D modelling
- textures
- exterior cells
- npc dialogue
- scripting

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like me onboard. If; however, you require to see some of my work regarding my project Id be happy to comply.

Kind regards,
Sebastien (CNA)

Notes:

1. I generally use stock meshes & textures shipped with the game
2. I also incorporate (sometimes reluctantly but always with great care) the meshes and textures of other artists
3. My projects generally depend on "both" expansions (TB & BM)
4. All resources are listed in my Read Me, credit / acknowledgement is given where it is due
5. No breaches in copyrights
6. I follow the K.I.S.S. principle and I always finish what I start
7. I strongly prefer realism (i.e. exteriors that match interiors as closely as possible)
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-09-2005, 08:29 AM,

Sebastien: G'day mate, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!

:wave:

My first instinct is to inquire if you think parts of your previous work can be incorporated into Silgrad Tower in some way? Incorporating it wouldn't negate stand-alone releases of course. A theoretical example is a quest involving two NPCs in Balmora (and a cave for the quest), whereby a copy of the .esp would see the NPCs just be moved to new homes in Silgrad and the entrance to the cave set up in our world. But most works can be moved in that fashion, I think. So that we could fill up some of our empty exteriors with work you'd already done, while you could get wholly new claims.

I appreciate that you see yourself as a perfectionist, as our mod has a good reputation of being extremely detailed. While other mods just expand and expand, we've had a fixed and somewhat limited canvas to paint on, which has meant that the land that is there has all the more detail. 400-600 references per exterior cell is my personal goal when detailing exterior cells, for example.

Any claim you want to take on would be very much appreciated. Perhaps the Telvanni tower would be good to start on, as there's already been some work done on it? But don't let that stop you if you want to start fresh. You don't have to restrict yourself to how the exterior looks either, if you create a new one that matches your interior we'd just delete the existing exterior.

I think the same holds true for the Ancient Gate, although that WIP esp isn't publicly available (and I'm uncertain if Ben Vagara has the claim to it). The Ancient Gate, together with Dumac, are the two things we really have to get done before the final release.

If you don't find a claim you want to take on, please feel free to mention what kind of work you'd like to do (tombs, caves, grottos, etc) and I'm sure you'll get the chance to do them. We have a particular shortage of grottos and caves, so any of those can be included in a heartbeat.

Feel free to post screenies of your previous work, for no other reason than to give us something cool to look at Big Grin

Regarding your notes;
Feel free to use the resources included in our release at your discretion, and if you want to use something else from third parties that isn't in the release that's generally okay too. Personally I like to weigh the chance of the player ever seeing the addition versus the added bytes; if many players discover and play through a particular work then it's very much worth it to make that work unique by using content from others. If they don't specifically say in their readme or on their site that they want to be asked before their work is used, I personally assume they don't mind. Some want to be asked, like Sorcha Ravenlock who made the "Breton hunk" face I'm using in my own WIP, and I gained her permission to use it.

I'm glad you keep tabs of the credits Big Grin I have a section devoted to it on the website where I sporadically try to match up items in our mod to who created it. I think we do give credit to everyone who should be credited, there's just no connection to what they're being credited for.

What does K.I.S.S. stand for?

Glad to have you on board, Sebastien!
Angel mired in filth
07-09-2005, 09:09 AM,
What Id like to do
Greetings again,

It really depends on what kinds of themes are desired. My own denote wealth and beauty while blending different architectures so that they appear entirely unique to the player. Below are some screenshots of some interior cells in the Mournhold style.

Now to make progress... Id like to take a bash at Vort Ancestral Tomb and make a claim to it. I'll need a theme and rough parameters for the interior cells (how big is this tomb to be and what do we wish to use in making it?). Medieval themed indoor gardens are not exactly keeping in with a tomb... Im thinking creepyish Tongue Regardless, I will post some screenshots of what I have done in a few days or so (for the Vort Ancestral Tomb). Feedback will be very welcome.

Kind regards,
Sebastien (CNA)

PS. K.I.S.S. stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.
PSS. whenever I type I seem to write a short novel, for that I apologise

***Please note that the visuals below are of incomplete cells,
also that the candles in the guestroom will be surrounded by static
coda flowers to finish of the visual Big Grin
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-09-2005, 03:35 PM,

Hi Sebastien,

a hearty welcome to Silgrad Tower and thanks a lot for your offer.

Quote: Now to make progress... Id like to take a bash at Vort Ancestral Tomb and make a claim to it.

Alright, claim granted. Big Grin (I love to say these words)

This tomb is yours so you're basically free to make it as big or small as you want it. But I'd appreciate it, if it doesn't become an underground city. Wink
As long as you make it as excellent as the interiors from the screenshots, I don't want to put any restraints on you.

I, personally, would like to have an extreemly eerie atmosphere in this tomb. One idea that just came to my mind is that one (or two ... or three) creature(s) of the night decided to make that tomb its/their new home, but it's up to you, if you use that idea.

Looking forward to what you'll come up with.

Greetings

Quentin