Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modeling/texturing jobs?
09-21-2005, 12:26 AM,
Modeling/texturing jobs?
Is there anything that needs to be modeled/textured?I don't have the Construction set so this is really all I can do. :no:
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM,
RE: Modeling/texturing jobs?
Quote:Originally posted by rowa
Is there anything that needs to be modeled/textured?I don't have the Construction set so this is really all I can do. :no:

Hi rowa, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

Thankyou so much for volounteering! We have a lot of things we'd love to see modelled for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion, which we'll start working on shortly after TES IV is released later this year. Something which would be extremely useful would be a Redoran house tileset, so we can mod Redoran settlements the way Oom's tileset will be used to mod Hlaalu settlements. Is that something you'd be interested in taking on? If so, I hope you'll bear with me through the lengthy description below Smile

As I see it - and I'm by no means an expert - ideally, the basic tileset would be split into three categories; basement, level, and ceiling. The basement category would need two set pieces, one for straight wall and one for a corner. The ceiling would need three; straight wall, corner, and middle (the latter would be if the house was 3x3 or larger)

As long as they're uniform a modder could then twist copies of the two 'straight wall' and 'corner' pieces 90 degrees to build a level.

The middle level would need five set pieces:
- basic wall
- wall with door
- basic corner
- 2 corners with doors on either side

So, by using those ten (2/5/3) unique pieces a modder would be able to snap them together in the Construction Set to create anything from 2x2 sheds to huge 10x10 mansions and any square- or rectangular configuration inbetween. Building a house in the CS with basement + level + level + ceiling would yield a two-story house, and so on. We would surely be able to get a good degree of variation from just those ten pieces, and I would appreciate it immensely if you would consider modelling them. Smile Beyond that there are icings on the cake that would be lovely to have, for example L-shaped corners and /-shaped walls (and mirrored dittos) for less squarish buildings, but the basic ten would surely cover most our needs. A set piece in TES III is 256x256x256 points and I would imagine Bethesda keeps that size for Oblivion, so if the pieces are made to fit onto a 256x256x256 grid that would be perfect I think.

My impression is that House Redoran likes to use round shapes in their architecture, particularly concentric circles, and that they like to mimic the design of insects. If you could weave those references into the design of the tileset that would be great - perhaps in the way of decorational pieces, that can be fitted on a more basic central design?

There's a lot of other things that are also needed so if you'd rather do something else that is of course not a problem. Anything that can be used to heighten the impression that the TES IV: Oblivion player is in the Morrowind Province would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for offering your services, and welcome to the team! :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-21-2005, 06:59 PM,

No problem,I am happy to help :jump:
09-21-2005, 08:33 PM,

Cool, I can't wait to see the first screenies, thanks man! Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]