Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modelling Deepen Meadows
05-04-2009, 11:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
That looks awesome! Big Grin Will there be an interior model as well?

Thanks! Smile

Yup I plan to get started on the interior model for it pronto, and am also thinking about modding the three homes that use it to give a little starter boost to the modding of the village Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-04-2009, 11:38 PM,

I think the metal pieces on the door make it a little heavy to be opened by npc's. On the other hand it's good to have sturdy doors in an hostile province like morrowind so it's just a matter of preference.

I love that thatch roof!
05-05-2009, 02:12 AM,

RideWithTheWind: It's very similar to the design of Morrowind's Nord door, though now that you mention it I agree the metal bars look too fat. I'll modify the door. Smile

black[/HR]

I've basically finished the interior mesh. It was a lot easier to make than the exterior model, especially since I can reuse the doorframe, door and window I made for the exterior model. Here's a 3D Studio Max render:

[Image: 2229795360051310088NzkCZf_th.jpg]

Sans those three components the interior model is just 3692 faces heavy, which is disturbingly low given that completed interior cells can have a total faceount in the million range. What do you guys think? Maybe I should model a basement for this house type? The base area is very small, just two blocks by one-and-a-half (or 512x384), so currently it's sized like a shack. I think it'll look kinda cramped with just the one level when a bed and table+chair is added.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2009, 08:24 PM,

I have finished working on the Nord house interior type-1. I did decide to go with a basement level as I mentioned in my previous post, and in total it now has a base area similar to the smallest Oblivion farmhouse.

Overview:

[Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr7_th.jpg]

Images of the upper floor:

[Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr1_th.jpg] [Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr2_th.jpg]

Going down the stairs to the basement:

[Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr3_th.jpg] [Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr4_th.jpg]

And images of the basement:

[Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr5_th.jpg] [Image: Nord_House_Interior1_scr6_th.jpg]

(The three-armed sconce I modded into the interior cell was created by Ghogiel.)
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2009, 09:16 PM,

it says i dont have permission to view those files ?(
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
it says I dont have permission to view those files ?(

Me neither Big Grin
I maxed out my photobucket account awhile back and have been looking for an alternative host that doesn't delete images after awhile. I'll try Filefront instead.
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM,

'Save image as' has seemed to work.

Very nice work RW.
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM,

That is one really sweet little abode. The blocky brickwork texture is perfect for it.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-07-2009, 09:31 PM,

Thankyou guys Smile

I uploaded the images to silgradtower.net and changed the links in my post above.
Angel mired in filth
05-08-2009, 02:46 AM,

Hmmm... Has a nice "home sweet home" feel to it. Big Grin

:goodjob:

Hm... though I think it's very likely we'll have very many of these houses around, and if they all have a basement in the same spot, some players (the ones who think like I do, at least) might just start wondering if this is the work of some secret cult. Big Grin Just as an idea, I don't supposed we could get a basement-less version? And, just as another "maybe" idea, a mirror image of this house, so that instead of seeing the basement on the right, you'll see it on the left as you enter, for more variety? I'm not sure how easy that is to do with models (because you also have to worry about how the textures and their normals turn out). Just as quick, and hopefully-very-little-work-involved ways of having a bit more flexibility.