Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Models] New Hlaalu Stairs
08-07-2007, 11:41 PM,
[Models] New Hlaalu Stairs
Bob and I have discussed that the Hlaalu room stair models do not actually tile with the supposedly corresponding room pieces. My first approaches to this met with no success because Hlaalu ceiling woodwork is pretty complex and very different for the hall and room pieces. So I've tried a different approach: "chopping off" the second-floor portions of the room stairs and the floor portions of the room pieces that would fit above them. In addition I used spit and baling wire to put together an "open stair" model that can be used on the side or even the middle of a room.

To be honest, I have no idea if these pieces will actually help, but here they are anyway. Smile The 7Z includes the following models:
- left stairs w/o a top,
- right stairs w/o a top,
- room center w/o a floor,
- room side w/o a floor,
- room corner w/o a floor (this one may be pointless),
- a "fake ground" piece for test cells, the idea for which was stolen without shame from Razorwing. Big Grin

There is also an ESP included where the new pieces can be viewed; just go to the interior cell TestSACarrow.

HTH,
Steve
08-08-2007, 02:14 AM,
RE: [Models] New Hlaalu Stairs
Super

They look great and will add a new dimension to interior layouts, I will test them in some of the interiors allready build and see how they work

:goodjob:

will let you know soon

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-10-2007, 01:25 AM,
RE: [Models] New Hlaalu Stairs
Ok these pieces are great, their are a couple of applications where they did not work

See example

This is the most common and the reason we noticed the flaw as you can see in the pic, the piece which you made is matched up with the hlaalu_room_center, the same flaw is visable, I made an addition to your test cell to show this

Smile

Thanks
Bob

08-10-2007, 03:52 PM,
i see now
That small wood flange you circled is essential if the piece adjoining is a wall, but if you're using a pillar and a center piece, then it's ugly. So I'll do variants without that flange.

Another variant I was pondering was decreasing the step number by one while maintaining the height. That would allow for a small landing at the top which should allow for that corner piece to be used. It might be useful for doing angled stairwells in the corner, but I'll wait to see if you or agram think it'd be useful.

On other fronts, I am almost done with the Mara blessing script, which is kinda sorta like what you described, with changes made necessary by both the limits of the scripting language and the limits of my knowledge of it. Smile After that, the rotation script should not be a problem.

And I finally made that leaf. Smile

Later,
Steve
08-11-2007, 01:53 AM,
RE: i see now
Very good

If your talking about a staircase which could be made into an "L" shape

Yes that would be great, anything would be useful, I can think of 1000's of them Smile

Thanks for the blessing and the rotation

The leaf :eek: I nearly forgot about that, it will add so much more realism
to the landscapes ! Next (fingers crossing) is to script leaves falling to the ground, wouldn't that be cool to see while running through silgrad

Is their a mod out their that does that? I do not recall Confusedhrug:

Thanks Much Steve

Enjoy
Bob

08-11-2007, 07:25 AM,

Something like the L shape staircase would be great, i too can think of 1000 uses for it.
Let's see how it looks.

Falling leaves? That would be cool, but i think it would be a killer for FPS.
08-12-2007, 12:34 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
Something like the L shape staircase would be great, I too can think of 1000 uses for it.
Let's see how it looks.

Falling leaves? That would be cool, but I think it would be a killer for FPS.

Well if you can think of 1000 uses for stairs then thats 999 more then me :lmao: well ok 998 but thats it Smile

I was more thinking of 1000 different things we could use, like a sharp 90 hlaalu wall piece, the 90 deg bridge pieces steve made for us once before that seemed to have disappeared along with 100 other files I had :poorme:

As far as the leaf, your probably right about the FPS but we could have 1 leaf or even 2 falling to a pile below and no more than one occurance per cell, should do the trick just fine

Enjoy
Bob

08-12-2007, 06:56 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
...thats 999 more then me :lmao: well ok 998 but thats it...

:lmao:
psst, dont tell Steve that, he might stop working on it

Anyway about the falling leaves, i think that is good only for some special gardens, or indoor gardens, or something like that. Small and placed so that the Player can see it. It would bee too much in the wilderness.