Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-24-2007, 01:32 AM,
Hector the Hooded

I have him set up as a secretary-ish person, he will compile for the Vvardenfell .ESM so that we can get resources together, and he is also a moderator now, replacing falco who hasn't done much since 2006 and sayd he'd no longer be able to help us. So respect Hector, and watch, if he does some GOOD things or some BAD things let me know, I wanna know both since he is on a trial period to see how well he can manage it. :goodjob:

so no worries, just keep an eye just in-case

Thanks
03-24-2007, 01:46 AM,

Hes coming into the core...?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-24-2007, 02:05 AM,

no... I did not say that, you jumped to conclusion
but if he does a good job moderating and stuff we might consider it. I've discussed with him and he's a skilled and devoted guy seemingly. I'm giving him a lil authority, and seeing how he manages... and if he's good and we decide to bring him into the core he could bring with him some much needed enthusiasm

I'll be back-up keeper of .ESM and everytime I get the newest version, I'll send it to you and TheImperialDragon if you guys would like so we can all have the most updated versions safe, juuuust incase.....
03-24-2007, 02:08 AM,

He contacted me first originally for info about how to get into the ST core. I explained that he has to prove his dedication to the ST team to get into the core ( similar to how you have to be dedicated to Vvardenfell to be in Vvardenfell... Err, maybe I'm contradicting myself here :O But that's not the point ). That's when he explained that he wanted to moderate the whole forum as a global moderator for Beyond Cyrodiil. "I want to join the core not for fame and prestige [...] but to help those moderators for the boards who have thier hands full" he said.

You can probably guess, not going to happen for someone who just registered a few days ago. And MUCH less for someone who didn't seem to have permission from BC leaders, or even having talked to them. I've seen situations on other ES Fan sites where some administrator (rather naively) promoted someone who repaid the favour by deleting practically the whole forum.

I offered to archive threads that needed to be archived if he could provide a list of URL's, but he still wanted global moderator powers to "trim" threads. I can't say I trust him, but if he is sincere, then I have no problem with him being a moderator. Smile

--

Btw, I editted the OP just to avoid interest of the wrong sort if HtH saw a thread entitled "Hector the Hooded" that he didn't have access to (you can always see the name of the most recent active topic from the Overview). Not really a warm welcome, you see. Wink

If it's not a problem. If it is, then I won't do that again.
03-24-2007, 02:20 AM,

thanks.

I know, and I'm a bit concerned too, but I'm doing this just to see. I don't want him moderator of anywhere else... and having 'global moderator power' is sorta both ambitious and annoying... but he seems sincere to me...
but to be safe I have notified Razorwing that if anything goes amiss with him, we boot him straight away...

so we shall see...

a very 'enthusiastic' person like Hector could be a great thing or a terrible thing if he turns out to be one of those evil-forumers... time will tell, but so far I haven't seen anything that would be a bad thing, so I'm hopeful

EDIT:
I have just checked with him for the third time... he understands that...
1. he has moderator powers and he is keeper of the .ESM
2. misbehavior is not tolerated, and he will be booted for it
3. if he shows he is very dedicated and skilled, inviting him into the core will be considered*

*that goes for anyone really, but he actually asked me so I told him thats officially how it is, one who shows dedication is usually considered to invitation into the core.
04-09-2007, 12:22 AM,

so, I have given Dave the thumbs up to start a new claims thread
mine was not too good and I think his is well done

should we give him moderator powers so that he can edit it since he needs to be able to maintain it?

I personally thinks he derserves it, he's done quite a bit for the mod, a little managerial power sounds like a fitting thing to bestow