Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong
08-05-2007, 05:48 AM,

Not sure if you're aware Bob, but the DB's the assassin faction in oblivion, and i'm not modifying it in any way.

So i'm not creating a joinable DB faction, and unfortunately it would be far too much work to create a DB in ST, and have them interact with the Morag Tong questline.

And yes, if you are expelled from the MT, you can join the DB. And regardless of whether or not you are in DB, you can join MT (so as not to make people angry)

I really don't want to hook myself into anything by saying this, but having a joinable silgrad DB faction that interacts with the MT main quest would be fascinating and extremely unique. So you'd be the one responsible for all the botched writs and such, help kill the MT off, and the ending would change so that you strike the final blow against a young leader who tried to step up and defeat the DB.

However i'm not going to mod it, cause it'd mean doing an entire other faction, another base, more NPCs, more quests, ect ect ect ect. Interesting concept, but it won't happen.

If someone else wants to do it in the distant future, once i'm done with the MT, i'll give them my blessing and help them with accuracy though...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-05-2007, 01:22 PM,

Very Good

Thanks for explaining this, its hard catching up after being away and only getting glimpse's of whats going on...I'll try to stay more on top of it Smile

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-05-2007, 03:59 PM,

Say, when are you going to get a computer capable of running oblivion???

seems like you could just skip OB entirely, and then buy a new computer when TESV comes out.

Well if you've got any questions about the goings-on of oblivion, don't hesitate to ask. It's like me with morrowind, but the reverse
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-05-2007, 04:03 PM,

I been trying to answer that question for almost a year now, seems like everytime I get ready to spend the money something else comes up :eek:

Yea maybe 5 or even 6 Smile soon, soon, I keep saying that and one day it will happen !!!

I appreciate that ! and of course the same applies in reverse

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Diet Bob

08-05-2007, 09:33 PM,

Yeah, i must say at this point you should buy a computer that'll run TESV. Plus you're the heart and soul of the TES3 mod.

But on-topic, were there faction rank icons in morrowind? I can't find any in the MW files, so i guess i'll have to request them, unless they were cleverly hidden.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-06-2007, 12:02 AM,

5 or 6 Smile

Thier are no rank Icons (Emblems) in MW

Smile

Enjoy
Diet Bob

08-06-2007, 03:12 PM,

Perhaps we should come up with ideas for what icons there can be? Seems quite silly to post a texturing request for 7 rank icons without having any idea of what they are.

So if anyone has any ideas regarding icons for a specific rank, sketches of what one could look like, ect, post here so that we get a rough idea of what each icon looks like.

Bob, if you wait till TESVI, that's like another 8 years (or do you mean you'll buy a supercomputer which can run TESVI?)

i'll go first with icon ideas (only got a few)

blind thrall: i'd say a head with a blindfold. pretty obvious
white thrall: possibly a head with no blindfold, and an illumination effect behind it?
thinker: a head with question marks around it
knower: something that signifies that questions have been answered....

those are all the ideas i've got for now. please try to come up with some, cause i don't want to post this as a texturing request with no clue what these should look like.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
08-07-2007, 12:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Bob, if you wait till TESVI, that's like another 8 years (or do you mean you'll buy a supercomputer which can run TESVI?)

The way things go around here that might be about right !

Smile

Enjoy
Bob

What will the icons be used for?

08-07-2007, 03:15 AM,

In TESIV, every rank for a faction has an Icon to go along with it, so that in the menu, when you look at which factions you are associated with, you can see a nifty icon next to you rank. I'll try and get a screenshot, just a sec.

here we go, i'm part of just about every faction, and all of them have nifty icons- except the morag tong. And that's the page where you see factions. pretty useless really, just looks professional and all.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala