• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong - Questline
02-03-2008, 03:13 AM,
Morag Tong - Questline
[1ST]T[/1ST]
he main questline
Part 1- the Grey Faction

Quest 1: Part-Time Jobs

After completing two or three writs, you have become a high enough level to attract the attention of the Gray Faction, discussed in the Story Thread. As you are walking out of the Soluthis Guildhall, a man contacts you and asks you to meet him in Soluthis at midnight the following day. Once his is gone, the Soluthis guildmaster contacts you, persuading/threatening you, telling you that you are to be his "inside man" in the Gray Faction.

You go to the Rendez-vous as planned, and follow the man back to the Gray Faction hideout, where you are tasked on a simple smuggling run, just to prove your loyalty. You must travel to Steadhelm, meet a shipment of Dwemer artifacts on the docks, and then return with them to Soluthis, making sure you have all of them, or else you don't get paid. On the way, you will be attacked by some rival smugglers, so watch your back! This accomplished, you have earned the trust of the Gray Faction, and are to wait for further instruction, both from the faction and from your Guild Master, who is eagerly awaiting information about the operations of the faction.

black[/HR]

Quest 2: Time to play Thief

Now that you are in the Gray faction, you've got to start taking their jobs. Two wealthy collectors have been involved in a sort of "collection war" over which one can accumulate more rare and priceless artifacts, whether they be daedric, dwemer, or ancient dunmer. One collector resorted to theft, and now the other wants payback. You must break into the offending dunmer's house, and steal one artifact a night, until all are gone, and the collector's reputation is ruined. But be careful! The victim is not to be killed, but kept alive to feel the shame of complete ruination. Oh yes, and there may be guards... lots of guards in fact. They may be... disposed of. You are an assassin aren't you?

black[/HR]

Quest 3: Political Mudslinging

In Soluthis, a visionary young politician has risen, with the support of the masses. He is poised to become one of the most important men in the Silgrad Region. So of course, he must die. Some of the other politicians have been getting jealous, and because they were too inept to beat him any other way, decided that assassination was a good idea. Unfortunately, the Morag Tong doesn't take such petty writs, so it's up to the Gray faction to take him out.
Now you could just kill him, but that wouldn't be very nice would it? He knew it was inevitable, so he approaches you with an offer- a counter assassination. And he's willing to pay a large sum of money, perhaps larger than the original client. You could just kill him, or you could take on the much harder task of killing those dirty bastards who wanted him dead in the first place. Either way, the Gray faction bosses are happy with money. It's just politics to them.

Black[/HR]

Quest 4: Pushing Back

After several Morag-Tong led crackdowns on the Gray Faction, the bosses decide that the best option is killing Llathis, and then pushing for a more easily controllable leader. Velthas has caught wind of the plan, and assigns you to check it out. You aren't high enough rank in the faction to be invited to any "lets assassinate Llathis" meetings, but you can still break into the room where they discuss such things. Perhaps they left some information behind as to the plan?

Once you have discovered the time and locate of Llathis's assassination, you report to him, and he decides to let them try, asking you to shadow him, and offer assistance if necessary. Well the "assassins" from the Gray Faction, two hired thugs, get slaughtered by you and Llathis.

Llathis isn't about to let this one go however. He assigns you to sabotage a smuggling run, killing those involved and leaving a note on their bodies, as a warning to the Gray Faction. Hopefully, this will show them that the Morag Tong means business.

black[/HR]

Quest 5: The Last Straw

Unfortunately, hijacking that smuggling run had no effect on anything. Either they're too stupid to read the note, or just don't care, but the Grey Faction's barely slowed down. There's only one option: deliver an ultimatum to the head of the entire operation. You may have to sneak through some sewers, kill some petty thieves working for the faction, and then threaten some people, but it's all for the good of the guild. Aren't you glad you got to be the inside man?

Well, the head of the smugglers turns out to be local guild alchemist Velos. Through a stroke of either foresight or mercy, Llathis decides to offer Velos this ultimatum: Leave, or be killed. Better than "die now". Well this show of force effectively shuts down the operation, leaving it without a high-level Morag Tong contact. Good job! You've completed the easy half of the Main Questline.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-24-2008, 01:28 AM,

[1ST]T[/1ST]

he Main Questline
Part 2: The Dark Brotherhood
yup there's more. You didn't really think I'd end with petty smugglers did you?

black[/HR]

Quest 6: Bait

Here's a fun one - Over the past few weeks, several Tong-members have been set up and killed during writs. And know what? You're next! Because you are such a valued member in the Tong, Llathis decides to send you on the next writ that seems even slightly fishy. That's right, you're bait. (Fishy-bait pun FULLY intended). With the knowledge that you're going to be set up and ambushed, and that several top-notch Dark Brotherhood assassins are waiting for you, you should be fine. Right? Well you'd better kill them. Not many other choices. Once you're done, it's confirmed: it IS in fact the Dark Brotherhood. Who would've guessed? Well now the guild's in a tad bit of trouble.

Black[/HR]

Quest 7: Counterpoint

After some hard thinking, Llathis calls a meeting. And guess what? You're invited, because you've been so terribly helpful. During this meeting however, Lucan, head of the Steadhelm Guild, bursts in. Seems that Fadvan, an associate in Steadhelm, has turned traitor and killed Sermis, second in command . In light of the mounting casualties, Galdas recommends that the guild take refuge in an ancient hiding-place. But you didn't think the Dark Brotherhood hadn't done their research did you? And conversely, you'd expect the Morag Tong to know that the Dark Brotherhood has done their research wouldn't you? So, you get to find the camp of Dark Brotherhood assassins who lie in wait for the rest of the guild, and then kill them. Can't have someone getting hurt on the trip up can we?

black[/HR]

Quest 8: Running Errands

Well, all those from Silgrad are safe, but what about those who weren't at that guild? Yes, it's time to run a small errand. You get to go with Velthas back to Soluthis to make sure everybody else is safe, and alert them to the current predicament of the guild. On the way, Velthas confides that he has some suspicions, and that he fears for his safety. He gives you a house key, and asks you to shadow him from a distance when you arrive in Soluthis. Just like old times, eh? After you follow him into his house, you find him in heated combat with none other than Ravnel Tures, the [former] second in command of Soluthis. Nothing like a traitor to give you some exercise in the morning is there? It might be a hard battle, and Velthas might fall unconscious, but I'm sure you'll reload save points until you're able to defeat Ravnel. Then all you have to do is alert the rest of the guild, and get back to the place of refuge. And you thought YOUR errands were a pain in the neck.

Black[/HR]

Quest 9: An old friend

Back at the new HQ, Llathis needs information about what's going on. And he has an idea about who might have the answers. You remember Velos don't you? Now aren't you glad you let him live, with his numerous underworld contacts who might have some idea of the number and location of your assailants? Well you're going to have to track him down in his pathetic little cave outside the city. Luckily, he still knows some informants, and they might be willing to give you some information. The information you can squeeze from them is scarce - the Steadhelm DB cell was scattered after Fadvan completed his mission, and got himself killed by Lucan. There are still major pockets in Soluthis and Silgrad. Unfortunately, nobody knows exactly where the Silgrad one is located.

Still, you return to the HQ, and since Llathis is out, report to Galdas, who asks you to take out the Soluthis guild, and see if there are any clues to the whereabouts of those in Silgrad. Easier said than done. Luckily the Dark Brotherhood aren't the brightest, and left some fairly obvious clues as to the location of their main group. It's also interesting to note that parts of the Dark Brotherhood from every providence have joined to try and kill you. Flattering isn't it?

Black[/HR]

Quest 10: The New Hope of the Morag Tong Strikes Back at the Revenge of the Rise of the Phantom Menace?!? (I'll make a title devoid of starwars references later, I swear)

Well, things turn pretty straight-forwards right about now. Go back to the hideout, inform the others of your success, and the location of the Silgrad DB cell. Llathis has returned from a trip to Vvardenfell, to consult with the other grandmasters. Once he learns the location of the DB, he sprints out in a fit of rage, vowing to exterminate every last one of them in the name of Mephala.

We can't have the guild-master running off alone can we? Galdas requests your help in following, and perhaps assisting Llathis. Unfortunately, when you get there it's too late. A high-ranking Dark Brotherhood Assassin kills Llathis, and then vanishes deeper into a maze-like tomb. Galdas stays at the entrance by his master, and you push on deeper into the hideout. Watch out! The Dark Brotherhood may not be that many in number, but BOY do they love the undead. And ambushing you. But I'm sure you'll get through in the end, kill the nasty bad-guy, and save the day. For those who are still alive. Think about it this way - More than half of the guild survives. That's a good thing right? Oh yeah, you get to play guild-leader now, cause Llathis dies.

Black[/HR]

And now that I'm done giving the general story for each and every single quest, I actually get to make them. Yay!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-24-2008, 04:18 AM,

I am reading this. its good stuff
Big Grin

I will make notes as I go along, feel free to comment on them or you can wait until I finish (some day)

Notes

Quest 2:
If your taking out the guards even by stealth, they will still become more "guarded" I think your chances of getting caught should inrease slightly with each guard slain.
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-24-2008, 01:58 PM,

That's a good consideration. Keep in mind that these aren't official Silgrad City guards or Ordinators or anything, just hired mercenaries. So instead of getting caught, the consideration would really be that others are alerted.

Though if you're killing guards in anything less than one blow, the others would be alerted anyways wouldn't they?

If possible, i want to make it a quest where you want to stay hidden, and you really have to TRY to stay hidden.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM,

Hmmmm

I definitely do not want to over complicate the idea

If you didn't kill the guard in one blow, others will be alerted YES

We do want the player to do his/her best to stay hidden

If you can write it in that if the player is in a hidden state or "stealth mode" then an attack on a guard would be a one hit kill

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories