Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong Writ 01
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM,
Morag Tong Writ 01
Alright, I know the join quest isn't officially done yet, but it's time for me to thresh out the first Writ quest. Here's my basic idea so far.

The Backstory You'd think the farmland is a peaceful place, right? Nothing but Guar and vegetables! However, a rich produce farmer finds that a nearby Guar farmer is trying to drive him out of business. It's a vicious world!

You see, the Guar farmer sometimes leads his animals across the fields to the produce farm, and lets them run around, eat crops, destroy some things. This is all so that the larger guar farm can push out produce competition, and take over the smaller farm. What's more, the farmer has Soluthis connections, and is making sure the guards don't interfere.

Obviously, in today's civilized society, there can only be one solution to such a grievance! Assassination!

black[/HR]

Basically, all you'd have to do is sneak out to the guar farm, kill the offending farmer, and then turn in the writ to the authorities. One more thing, you get a bonus only if you avoid the patrolling farmhands. But don't kill them! They don't deserve it, after all, it's only a farm.

There's not a whole lot to discuss i guess. I'm going to start working out dialogue and stuff. This is going to mean i get to take a large farm, and all the work associated with that. I don't actually have to mod the farmer who took out the writ, because the player doesn't need to contact him/her, because it's against Tong policy to reveal the identity of the client.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM,

Haha, I think this is a beautiful story to start off with! It has a simple enough feeling, yet it has a strong plot, so looks good for me.

BTW, I can also help out with lore/thinking out stories for quests, because I am known to possess creativity and good writing skills.
I walk alone along the road of life.

[Image: banner27.gif]
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM,

Thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately, the backstory's actually not very important or central, but it didn't stop me from going really creative. Writs are mainly just "go here, kill x", but having a backstory always makes things much more interesting for the player, and makes it easier to write dialogue and keep things fresh.

If you're creative, you might want to try thinking of interesting scenarios for how to kill someone. Not necessarily a good story, because if you just kill ten targets in their sleep, it doesn't matter if there are 10 different backstories, it gets repetitive.

So instead, if you could think of really cool people to kill, or cool ways to kill them, send the ideas on over to me and i'll see if i can do it. Some of my ideas are things like killing a rogue mage in his little tower. Twist is, he's insane, and has completely bent reality to make it a very, VERY strange tower indeed. Or perhaps you have to be someone's proxy in a duel, or you could kill someone by knocking over a large statue. Things like that, mix it up a bit.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
09-04-2008, 01:13 AM,

Haha, sounds good, I'm not useless anymore! I am a good modeller, but I failed at texturing. Good to see that I can help with Silgrad a bit.

BTW, I like the mage idea, like the one from Vaermina's Daedric Quest. Anyways, if I have some good writ ideas, I'll let you know. I made a short story about the Morag Tong that I was gonna upload to Chorrol.com, but i decided not to. I will just take that plot and send you the main idea.
I walk alone along the road of life.

[Image: banner27.gif]
09-05-2008, 09:01 AM,

Sounds interesting! Smile

Two quick questions though. Wouldn't killing the farmhands be an act of murder, and shouldn't the player turn the writ in to the Morag Tong rather than guards?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-05-2008, 03:05 PM,

Perfection Seniosh

An easy writ that provides a challenge (avioding the farmhands)

This is a good way to start off the writs

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-05-2008, 06:09 PM,

@ Razorwing
Come to think of it, killing the farmhands would be murder. I guess that means that the bonus is not getting thrown in jail. Perhaps you get a bonus if the farmhands don't detect you. Either way, it's a challenge.

I haven't played morrowind, so i'm not exactly sure on how the writs work. If you turned them into the guild in MW, then that's easily do-able
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
09-05-2008, 08:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
@ Razorwing
Come to think of it, killing the farmhands would be murder. I guess that means that the bonus is not getting thrown in jail. Perhaps you get a bonus if the farmhands don't detect you. Either way, it's a challenge.

I haven't played Morrowind, so i'm not exactly sure on how the writs work. If you turned them into the guild in MW, then that's easily do-able

Oh, ok. If it helps then I like to think of a Dark Brotherhood assassin as a Patrick Bateman character and a Morag Tong assassin as Dexter Morgan character. The former commits murder for his twisted enjoyment and the latter commits it as a kind of public service.

Though it goes much further than that with the Morag Tong because they operate under full protection of the law. They're kinda like official executioners doing field work; if the executioner pulls the switch to electrocute a prisoner (killing the farmer) he's doing his job, if he pulls out a gun and shoots his coworker (killing a farmhand) he's a murderer quickly finding himself on the wrong side of the law. So, as a Morag Tong agent you're doing respectable work and may even see yourself as a good person; Dunmer society certainly does. The Morag Tong is kinda funny that way, in their mix of good and evil.

In TES3 you were given a writ by the Morag Tong, which was not only an order but also an actual ingame document. You could show the document to a guard and thereby avoid penalization for the murder, despite the fact that you may have committed the murder right in front of them. But payment was given by the guild, whom had presumably been paid before giving you the writ.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]